Dorset

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
herman

Dorset

Post by herman »

Poole Quay. Every Tuesday thru the summer. Organised so marshalled and the sea front is closed off. Various prizes for best paint,etc. All the usual sea front goodies on offer and you can drool over the Sunseeker powerboats. Watch the speed limits on the dual-carriageways on the way out,if you catch my drift.On the A350 but well signposted.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Peejay

Re:Dorset

Post by Peejay »

herman wrote:
Poole.Watch the speed limits on the dual-carriageways on the way out,if you catch my drift.On the A350 but well signposted.
SWMBO attended a 'Driver awareness couse in Dorset last week. Caught on speed camera going to hospital to visit sick reli.
Aparently Dorset is 'zero' tollerance on every thing at the mo. Also some of their speed cameras are hidden in traffic lights, now thats sneeky :(
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
herman

Post by herman »

They have been known to crouch in the bushes on the central reservation and as you said they are having a bit of a blitz at the mo.Don't know if anyone heard the quote on the radio this morning, a woman was stopped for having three unrestrained children in the back of her car and when asked why? replied 'they are not my children'!!! Mind you that was Dorset police justifying their policy no doubt.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
funny

Post by funny »

Living in Poole ,I can reiterate ,stick to the limits both in and out of the town if you are coming to bike night(or dream machines to be correct) they are very hot on speeding at the moment.:angry: :angry:
They are using unmarked cars and bikes as well as the usual jam sandwiches(nearer lemon curd now lol).:lol: :lol:
But generally they leave you alone if you ride sensibly.

If the weather is good try and get there for 5.30-6.00 as any later you could be parked up,up to a mile away.

May see you down there

Mike
Pigford

Post by Pigford »

Haven't been up this year - I lived in Ringwood 1995 - 2001 and used to go a few times a year.

Heres a couple of photos from last year, coz we all like pictures ;)

.....awwwwwwwww, bless.....

...and the best for last.... :blush:

Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

But there's no bike in that last pic.

Ohhhhhh, i see now.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”