Camp beds !!!

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
PHILinFRANCE

Camp beds !!!

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Tried all sorts from the cheapest to an EXPED !!!

And after my trip to the hills and the 2cm thick mat thing i have all but crippled me ive gone for this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultrasport-Se ... OSwJSJXGVt~

Works well on the living room floor !!!!first test will be at the Mid Rally (thumbs)
Tramp

Re: Camp beds !!!

Post by Tramp »

My thermarest basecamp 5cm is luxury dont over inflate...compared to cheapo compressed foam they are good...surely you aint tried a exped down matt....your too tight..lol
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I've also tried just about everything and what I found is that light weight and comfort do not exist.

So I got for a large heavy bed but sleep well.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
dave448

Post by dave448 »

Daz Brecon

Post by Daz Brecon »

I use a cheap but great put together pole job with metal legs, it's a bit bulkier than a therma rest etc but a good nights kip is king after a long day in the saddle, you are off the floor so no problems with dips in the ground etc, and damp etc, this along with my old Army does bag ensures a great nights sleep, I tried it after reading an article and would recommend, I think you can get them anywhere, go outdoors etc
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Quite pleased with my Thermarast Cot. Bought the XL version. Cheaper than the Helinox, but a bit fiddlier to put together but packs right down to a small - lightweight size. There's an option to doube up the struts in the middle - found this too hard so the basic assembly is just right (thumbs)
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

I bought one of the Lidl self inflating mats the other week for the kids -

Its better to sleep on than my thermarest and cost a fraction of the price.
the only down side is it does not fold up anywhere near as small - by eck its comfy though !
When nothing is going right - go left
Brads

Post by Brads »

The Lidl one is superb.

I use a mountain warehouse special
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
lankyrider

Post by lankyrider »

Not cheap, but 3.5 inches of air means my back still functions in the morning, and they pack down very light!

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Pad/qcoresl
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Blimey !!!i thought i'd spent enough at £35 !!! but €293 :S thats a lot of nights in a F1 hotel !!!!

The exped IMHO isn't comfy and a ballache to inflate Tramp , the ultrasport is a big...ish pack 2ft x 6" but light and i love the fact it blows itself up (thumbs) and you even need to let some out for comfort (thumbs)

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”