Motorcycle power distribution block?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Mad Hatter

Re: Motorcycle power distribution block?

Post by Mad Hatter »

Nip over to me once I'm back from Ireland Steve I'll build you one to your spec, I did mine with three outputs, only two switch from the ignition but a physical switch forall three so I could chuck current back down it and charge the bike if I wanted to (thumbs)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Mad Hatter wrote:Nip over to me once I'm back from Ireland Steve I'll build you one to your spec, I did mine with three outputs, only two switch from the ignition but a physical switch forall three so I could chuck current back down it and charge the bike if I wanted to (thumbs)
Cheers Rich, that is very kind of you... (thumbs)

Are you holidaying in Ireland then?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I am all for spending money on quality parts, but these are used on rally bikes in every kind of extreme weather and terrain you can imagine and perform flawlessly. They're under the seat either, they're fully exposed.

http://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Fuse-Box-fo ... use/023440

They're about 12 quid.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

SteveR wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:Nip over to me once I'm back from Ireland Steve I'll build you one to your spec, I did mine with three outputs, only two switch from the ignition but a physical switch forall three so I could chuck current back down it and charge the bike if I wanted to (thumbs)
Cheers Rich, that is very kind of you... (thumbs)

Are you holidaying in Ireland then?
No worries mate, any excuse to get the soldering iron out :lol:

Aye leaving Friday and sailing on Saturday for a week over there with the mrs and Nikoli. Forgot how hard it is to pack a bike for two fo more than a weekend :blink:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Mike54 wrote:I am all for spending money on quality parts, but these are used on rally bikes in every kind of extreme weather and terrain you can imagine and perform flawlessly. They're under the seat either, they're fully exposed.

http://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Fuse-Box-fo ... use/023440

They're about 12 quid.
Needs an account on the linked site, but similar/identical kit on fleabay at around 15 quid... Thanks Mike (thumbs)
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

No doubt the 30 / 40 pound items are great but I'm a cheapskate so went for a 4.99 jobbie from halfords and looped out the one side to give a feed to all the fuses. Will dig out a pic.

Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

I don't want to google "Eastern Beaver" from my work laptop.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

SteveR wrote:I am looking for one to tidy up the rats tail mess under the seat of my trail bike. Does not need to be switched from the ignition, although it might be nice! Individual fused outputs nice, but again, not essential.

Can any one recommend a unit and supplier please as I am struggling to find one!
I've used the relay/fuse block that's in this eBay listing:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-40A-4-pin ... g_ToRDsTow

It's quite compact and gives me three switchable, fused outputs; or it could be configured to give a mix of switched and non switched (of course you need to sort out the earth separately).

Return to “TECHNICAL”