Guy Martin - Wall of Death - LIVE

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Andy A

Re: Guy Martin - Wall of Death - LIVE

Post by Andy A »

I thought the girl on the mountain bike was awesome..... her BMX skills were pretty impressive too (thumbs) (thumbs)
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

Sod all mention that it was a BSA that did the business not the crap ugly Pretend indian. Still entertaining tho'
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

threepot wrote:
SteveW wrote:It was better than I thought it would be, it kept my attention for two hours.
What was the engine in the "BSA" home made bike......a 675 or 800 Triumph, or somthing else?
He said that it's based on BSA? But it had the Triumph triangular badge on the engine case. Probably a t150. BSA did use that engine in the Rocket3. Bert Hopwood and Doug Hele designed it..early 60's?

001_2016-03-29.jpg
BSA Rocket III engine with inclined block

Triumph Trident T150 vertical block

Triumph Trident T160V inclined block and electric start (introduced after the BSA marque had been 'retired' following the takeover of BSA/Triumph by Norton Villiers).

Engine internals on all three are basically a 500 Triumph twin x 1.5. 120 degree crank makes a nice exhaust note.

It was a lash-up produced by BSA/Triumph as an emergency response to the Honda 750/4, but did very well as a race bike until the TZ700 came along.
threepot

Post by threepot »

Think it was launched just before the CB750,and could have 5 years earlier according to Bert Hopwoods book.
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/image ... -large.jpg

Looks like a re-badged BSA to me, inclined cylinders & the badge in the wrong place.

I enjoyed the program, so did our lass until she found out Guy has a girlfriend :angry:

Rick
Richard Simpson

This was pretty much the last hurrah for BSA

tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBgl2vSpj8g

Sorry about the cheesy music...it would have been nice to hear those triples howl.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

HarveyCamm wrote:I managed to mainly just catch the action bits of the show and was wondering why there was no mention (apologies if I missed it) of G suit technology - the fancy kit that squeezes the lower body to keep blood nearer the brain - does this leave it open to two different world records perhaps, one unassisted and one with G pants? :unsure: quote]

G Pants not needed when riding with quality Y Fronts. Failing this, some really tight budgie smugglers allied to a pair of thick tights will work just as well. :unsure:
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

G Pants not needed when riding with quality Y Fronts. Failing this, some really tight budgie smugglers allied to a pair of thick tights will work just as well. :unsure:

The worrying thing about that information Daytona is you seem very well informed.... :laugh: :whistle:
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Richard Simpson

Think it was launched just before the CB750,and could have 5 years earlier according to Bert Hopwoods book.

Yes it could, but the directors of BSA/Triumph never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

They managed to get hold of a very early Honda 750, which they put in a comparative test against their own big bikes. The Honda's final drive chain snapped and smashed the crankcase, writing-off the engine after a few hundred miles. The directors then decided based on that experience that the Honda was not a threat...it went on to destroy their most important 'big bike' market in the USA.

It was pretty much all over by 1973.

Return to “HEROES”