Guy Martin ch4 17th March 9pm

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
misterlaffer

Re: Guy Martin ch4 17th March 9pm

Post by misterlaffer »

I'd like to see that drag race on a MotoGP bike with anti-wheelie etc. In fact doesn't that RR have ride aids anyway ?
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

It was an anticlimax
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I recorded it then watched it when I went to bed. Well, I started watching and fell asleep before the exciting parts.

What struck me most was why put an F1 car out against a glorified road bike? I know the obvious answer is that it's the only bike Guy Martin can get his hands on but to me it just doesn't make good tv.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Seems odd that they didn't put the F1 car against a Moto GP bike? I'm sure the commentator said that Guy Martin's bike did the standing quarter in 10.5 seconds...I reckon a Moto GP bike would knock 1.5 off that time.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
gary b

Post by gary b »

should of been a gp bike but no real characters in that paddock at the moment, I do like guy martins pretty down to earth simpleton approach even though he's an extremely knowledgeable and talented rider, I thought it was alright for light entertainment TV, none of them are trying to split the atom are they :silly:
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Love Guy's attitude. Don't take things too seriously until he needs to. Always comes across as a real down to earth sort of bloke.

OK, the show was padded out a bit, but that was expected, it's TV. I still enjoyed the bulk of it.
Great showing by BMW & Red Bull. Well done. (thumbs) I was impressed by the performance of the BMW. The end result was pretty much as expected, but closer than I thought it would be.

There are some interesting comments made at the end of this article.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/03/1 ... -who-turn/
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Scott_rider wrote:Seems odd that they didn't put the F1 car against a Moto GP bike? I'm sure the commentator said that Guy Martin's bike did the standing quarter in 10.5 seconds...I reckon a Moto GP bike would knock 1.5 off that time.
l

The problem is that the program is about Guy Martin rather than a straight fight between an F1 car and a MotoGP bike and no MotoGP team is going to give one of their bikes to anyone other than their own riders.

I doubt if the team principle for any MotoGP team would even know who Guy Martin is because he's never raced at World Championship level in any class and saying he's come close to winning a TT will be a bit of a "so what?" moment for them and the sponsors who've paid for that bike.

Shame really but let's be honest here, Guy Martin is known as a truck mechanic who appears on tv by as many people who knew of him as a bike racer.
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

what amazed me really was how much faster per lap the F1 car was, i knew it would be faster, but 30 seconds!!! :ohmy:
it was worth watching just to here some of Guys comments :)
BillyC

Post by BillyC »

Where was the filtering through traffic challenge? or longest wheelie?
Will

Post by Will »

I agree with above comments a moto gp bike would have been better , the braking challenge would have been closer , but show is about Guy
Bsa A10

Return to “HEROES”