Want info on a Seivert Svea No.1

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Warthog

Want info on a Seivert Svea No.1

Post by Warthog »

Was at a car boot sale here, today and I bought dirty but intact looking Svea No 1 stove.

I've only had mixed info as to the age of this stove. One website suggested 1920's, another the 70s!

Anyway, it wasn't cheap, but not expensive either. I like it and plan to clean it up, but I'd like it even more if it was a bit old!

Description time:

The main body/tank is round. one third of the top surface simply reads "Original Svea No.1" in big, etched letters, the next third reads "The king of Stoves" next to the filler hole and cap. That cap reads "Svea" and "Sweden", and another adjuster tap reads "Seivert/Sweden". The last third has some arabic text in the same etched writing.

Around the walls of the tank there is the same sentence etched: "The original Svea stove is guaranteed" written in English, French, Italian, Cyrillic (Russian or Greek, I guess) and Arabic again.

Around the neck of the stove spout, "Made in Sweden" and "Guaranteed" is etched.

This body is brass, as is the spout. The three legs/arms soldered to the side support a top plate that has "Svea" and, you guessed it "Made in Sweden".

Something tells me it was made in Sweden, :whistle: .
Other than that what can you tell me about the age and the €30 price tag at the stall? (be kind on the latter)
Warthog

Re: Want info on a Seivert Svea No.1

Post by Warthog »

Update!

I've done a bit of research.

It is a stove from the 1930's!! There is one bit missing: a flame ring, but otherwise it should work.
Svea.jpg
Svea.jpg (75 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Is it multifuel ?

Does it pack down or just stand like in the picture?
" Ride hard, fall softly"
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

It runs on Paraffin, so not multifuel and you can remove the top plate, but that is about it.

Luckily, I have a decent multifuel stove and a woodburning stove.

This buy was purely for the aesthetic. I'm going to buff it up so the brass shines and then it'll sit at home looking pretty.

I hope to get it working though, as I'm sure it'll get used now and again, just not as a part of my travel kit!
Vasilion

Post by Vasilion »

I have been given as a present same SVEA 2. My husband has just cleaned it it looks beautiful. I do not know the value nor the date it was made.
There are some Arabic letters on top and that it was made in Sweden-original-king of stoves-svea2.
Do you know these information?

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”