Poxy LEZ...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Loggy

Poxy LEZ...

Post by Loggy »

Supposed to be going to an event in Brentwood on Saturday. Just checked my Hilux SUV on the LEZ vehicle checker and it's NON COMPLIANT. I could understand if it was a pick up, but it's an SUV. They have got me on the Light 4x4 Utility category I guess. Well I'm not taking it now, I'm not paying £100 for a few hours in Brentwood. Good job I checked as it's a £500 fine. Fuc*ing London!!! :angry:
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Diesel Pete

Re: Poxy LEZ...

Post by Diesel Pete »

Crikey, your comment about 4x4's needing to comply put the wind up me for a minute there as I came through that way in my Land Rover recently. Fortunately a quick check showed I was ok so I won't be getting a fine in the post.

The best thing about London is seeing South Mimms in your rear view mirror as you head North :whistle:

*Disclaimer, proper black cab drivers who know where they are going, bagels in Brick Lane and Bodeans BBQ in Soho are not included in my above statement as all three are awesome (thumbs)
Spout

Post by Spout »

I've never heard of it - had to look up LEZ on Google.

Found out London also has a Congestion Charge.

Well I never.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Spout wrote:I've never heard of it - had to look up LEZ on Google.

Found out London also has a Congestion Charge.

Well I never.
What? A fine for having the sniffles. :ohmy:
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Like others I had to google it... I guess it will also catch a lot of Chelsea Tractors, so it's not all bad.

Why not use your bike to avoid the charge?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Easy ..............stay out of London
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

what most folks dont know is that hgv lorrys required replacement at huge costs..euro 6 now

also effected loads of plg and phgv :laugh: ...

lez = london emission zone..

congestion zone is basically inside the m25 orbital and no stopping on RED lines...worse than double yellows :evil: ...

its a metropolise with its own economy and huge problems ..I seem to end up driving their most days :( ...

and also why do folks that live,work and drive there get more money than us folks driving 100,s miles to work/deliver there still get paid upto £5 a hour less :whistle: ..Id love to dump/pick up the shit from outside..
mondo traveller

Post by mondo traveller »

Boris madman Johnson caused me to have to get rid of my Transit due to his fooking LEZ, someone please kill him, the jerk.
markyt

Post by markyt »

Brentwoods not in London its Essex.cant you get there via m25
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

mondo traveller wrote:Boris madman Johnson caused me to have to get rid of my Transit due to his fooking LEZ, someone please kill him, the jerk.
Think you will find it was Labour's Ken Livingstone who introduced the LEZ along with the congestion charge.
I feel beneath the white there is a red skin suffering from centuries of taming.

Return to “THE PUB”