Dried out after Horizons Unlimited ?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
scouse

Dried out after Horizons Unlimited ?

Post by scouse »

A weekend of soggy and now sunburnt fun and frolics had by all... Friday night saw most of the casualties and the birth of many a tale to share around future campfires... Hangovers may have been added to by the many flooded tents after Friday nights deluge but the rain held off long enough for me to make a miserable failure in the slow bike race, Jules narrowly missed out on taking a heat win by less than half a tyre ( an actual photo finish!) and Old Git Ray made a valiant attempt at upholding the honour of ABR.

Saturday also saw the hunting of the "back sliders" amongst the MAG members of ABR with Alun being signed up as a member by no less than its President Ian Mutch. Some great presentations on the Saturday culminating in Austin Vince explanation of why he is the new face of Touratech and BMW's latest poster boy... ;) More beer was drank and further carousing took place round the campfire till the early hours ... but not as extreme as Saturday... as some one managed to a. get up Sunday morning and b. go to the shower block of the correct gender ... didn't they Jim...;)

I will have to consult my Moleskine for further details! :whistle:
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Re: Dried out after Horizons Unlimited ?

Post by scouse »

And can a kind Mod please move this to meets and runs ??Doh....
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Harty

Post by Harty »

scouse wrote:Austin Vince explanation of why he is the new face of Touratech and BMW's latest poster boy... ;) :whistle:
I take it you are taking the piss when you say that Austin Vince has gone over to the dark side :pinch: That bloke is forever slagging these companies off on his talks!
.....eat my dirt!
scouse

Post by scouse »

Harty wrote:
scouse wrote:Austin Vince explanation of why he is the new face of Touratech and BMW's latest poster boy... ;) :whistle:
I take it you are taking the piss when you say that Austin Vince has gone over to the dark side :pinch: That bloke is forever slagging these companies off on his talks!
Yup he sure is and the new products he is pushing for them like the Touratech branded penile enlarger and the BMW scowl look to be winners! :whistle:

Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I,m going to start a new mag under the ABR title.

A - Alcoholic
B - Breakages
R - Rashes

Great weekend good to meet you all, Captain Morgan and I thank you.

Ahhhhhhh yes Scouse the shower thingy I was hoping would remain a highly gaurded ABR secret :blush:
Real men ride twins ;-)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Jim Lovell wrote:I,m going to start a new mag under the ABR title.

A - Alcoholic
B - Breakages
R - Rashes

Ahhhhhhh yes Scouse the shower thingy I was hoping would remain a highly gaurded ABR secret :blush:
I don't want to know about the rashes! anything to do with the face/groundsheet interface on Friday night :D

Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

scouse wrote:

A - Alcoholic
B - Breakages
R - Rashes

No mate, I went for a Pee last night in the bushes by the cook-out and fell down a 6ft ditch in the dark, skined my leg and got covered in stinging nettle rash.
Real men ride twins ;-)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Jim Lovell wrote:
scouse wrote:

A - Alcoholic
B - Breakages
R - Rashes

No mate, I went for a Pee last night in the bushes by the cook-out and fell down a 6ft ditch in the dark, skined my leg and got covered in stinging nettle rash.
Classic :D You are my picture in the attic... these things normally happen to me... but when accompanied by my mate Jack Daniels :D

VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

It was a great weekend, fantastic to put some faces to the names!

The slow race was fantastic, I went out in the first round!
Selous

Post by Selous »

Yes I had an enjoyable time.
Good to put names to faces, the only gripe I had was Lois & Austin should of been in the main tent really would of had more room, for more people, lucky for me I got to see them both.
Very interesting, enjoyable & informertive, that he didn't like TT or BMW:laugh:

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”