GB

Re: Dakar on TV

Post by GB »

Sure, checked my sky planner and wasnt on??? :S
Finally back on a GS :D
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

And don't forget to keep an eye out for the one and only Chris Cork, number 116.

The other brit is number 134. Jamie Smith.
Ainzy

Post by Ainzy »

My mate gets a nightly programme on his Polish satellite during the race! Think I will park my arse on his couch and have him translate!
R1100Gs & MZ Etz 251 Watsonian-squire Combination
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Has anyone used the Eurosport Player app? £4.99 buys a one month subscription... Tempting to see the Dakar action over the next few weeks.

Sadly Eurosport isn't one of the millions of free channels mentioned in those dodgy Now TV boxes for sale on eBay...

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Dave DRZ wrote:Has anyone used the Eurosport Player app? £4.99 buys a one month subscription... Tempting to see the Dakar action over the next few weeks.

Sadly Eurosport isn't one of the millions of free channels mentioned in those dodgy Now TV boxes for sale on eBay...

Dave
Yes, every year, but I won't be doing it this year. The coverage never starts on time, sometimes over an hour late, because there's something 'more important' like tractor ploughing on, and when it does start the coverage in recent years hasn't been any better than what's available for free on youtube, or if you watch the catch up videos on Yahoo Eurosport page you've seen 75% of what's shown on the Eurosport programme.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
bowber

Post by bowber »

Wot Ralph said, I've tried it a few times but never really got on with it.

Steve
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'll watch it so I know how the riders/drivers are doing but I can't say that I actually enjoy the coverage because it always seems very disjointed as if they're trying to do too much in not enough time.

The only annual event spread over a few days that I can compare it with is the TT and the ITV coverage of that is years ahead of the Eurosport PD effort.
ChrisCole

Post by ChrisCole »

Yes £4.99 for a month but you have to enter into a years contract. I will not be bothering this year for the same reason as the others have said, that is coverage rarely starts on time
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

SBS One Australia has a 1/2 hour programme every night at 5pm based on New South Wales time, which I think is therefore 6am in the morning here. It's then on demand afterwards.

A smart DNS or VPN account for a couple of quid a month will unblock it for you, and is worth it's weight in gold if you want to watch TV from other countries in other languages, or get access to the likes of movies on American Netflix / Amazon Prime which haven't been released here.

Or it's also worth it's weight if you travel a lot and you want to watch UK channels whilst you are abroad.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “BIKES”