Fly Tippers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
boboneleg

Fly Tippers

Post by boboneleg »

I'm a pretty easy going sort of bloke but if there's one thing that boils my piss it's this sort of shite :evil:

Popped out for a couple of hours on the local lanes today and half way up the first lane I find this.......

the twats must have had a 4x4 or something to dump that lot as you'd really struggle up that lane in a car/van.

Then I get to the top of the lane and find this lot...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil:
one-legged adventurer
Crossrutted

Re: Fly Tippers

Post by Crossrutted »

Bob, it's an unfortunate truth, that whilst you and I are fine examples of upstanding citizens, we are surrounded by morons who consider that kind of behaviour acceptable.

I say " Cut their bollox off with a rusty tin lid!" (thumbs)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Total scum Bob.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

You've got to look at that lot and think surely it's easier to go to a council recycling centre and the next step is to ask why they didn't?

If your local council has stupid restrictions on who can use their recycling facilities show them these photos and ask them to review them. I'm not condoning fly tipping and those doing it need to face heavy fines but make it easier to use legal facilities than to just dump rubbish any old place.
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

I`d guess those engines and gearboxes are nicked...or they would have been weighed in!
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

Council yards refuse vans, i shit you not i went to one in my work van VWCaddy full of racking so barely any room for rubbish, i took a bag of carpet waste after fitting a carpet at home and they refused me, wouldnt even let me walk through the gate with it.
I had to go home and put it back in the shed until the weekend when i could use the wifes little car.

Not condoning flytipping but when they place such harsh restrictions in the civic amenity yards they should expect some muppets to not even bother trying to dispose of it correctly.

That lot looks like pikey waste though and we all know that lot have no regard for any laws
herman

Post by herman »

The massive increase of it in the last few years is a product of the huge hike in land fill tax. It is very expensive to handle rubbish and most of it goes to the exchequer not schemes to improve the situation or educate. I need a License to put rubbish in my van from a job and take it to my yard then I get taxed on the skip. Whilst I don't expect to be able to take trade waste to the local council tip I also can't take my personal household rubbish to it because I have a van and a one ton pick up so it too goes in the skip. Small wonder the iffy house clearers and builders dump their crap anywhere.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

A pet hate of mine as well, as is any type of littering.
My daughter learnt to put rubbish in a bin from when she could walk.
Its the way they were brought up.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Flintlock wrote:A pet hate of mine as well, as is any type of littering.
My daughter learnt to put rubbish in a bin from when she could walk.
Its the way they were brought up.
Same here,even seeing someone flicking a fag end out of their car window winds me up.I'm just waiting for the time someone does it while I'm sat at the traffic lights behind them on my bike and it will be flicked straight back into their car! :pinch:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It annoys me when I have to make 4 or 5 trips to the tip in my car that I could probably cover in one trip if I was allowed to use my company VW Transporter which is why I say the local councils should have a good look at what their restrictions are actually doing.

Our local tip has a fair number of bodies employed to work there at weekends and surely I could be issued a permit to make a fixed number of visits for non trade waste which are then checked when I arrive? They don't do that and because it's a sign written van I have to pay for a trade permit.

It makes me even more annoyed when I see a bloody great big 4x4 towing a twin wheeled trailer allowed to go there and dump over a ton of garden rubbish that's probably not from the owners home. Fly tipping is a disgrace but the councils really don't do enough to offer an alternative.

Return to “THE PUB”