That Henry Cole Interview.

Announcements, comments, moans, praise, suggestions, mags missing in the post etc – if it's to do with Adventure Bike Rider magazine post it up here.
Sleepy

That Henry Cole Interview.

Post by Sleepy »

I've recently been catching up with the Travel Channel and The Greatest Motorcycle Rides, and generally enjoying them all... Despite Henry Cole :laugh:

I didn't know anything about Mr Cole, and it wasn't until reading about him in the latest Mag, that it turned out that he's been riding for most of his life.

I was convinced that he was a 'Born Again' rider or had only been riding for a few years, his peculiar riding style (hanging off a KTM on a barely noticeable curve!) his apparent lack of any motorcycle clothing, his absolute love of dead straight roads.. etc, all made me think he was very inexperienced.

This is not a dig at him, but it just goes to show how I got the wrong impression of Henry.
bowber

Re: That Henry Cole Interview.

Post by bowber »

His apparent lack of motorcycle clothing is probably more do do with having ridden for a long time. Most long time motorcyclists I know tend to ride in jeans etc and generally don't have all the kit.

Steve
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I think a lot of what he does is very tongue in check, he is from a very good English family "Lords" etc.

http://www.angloamericanretro.com/

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

I like the guy. Each to their own.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I like his programmes (thumbs). A good episode was the one when he rode the 'Romantic Road' in Germany.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

Not too keen on the "greatest ever etc" but liked the Shed and burried series he did with his mate, the Brough Superior tester fella.
Personally I like the guy, someone I could have a pint with down the local, I think what you see is who he is. No one could be that naff on purpose, in a good way. :lol: (thumbs)
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Scott_rider wrote:I like his programmes (thumbs). A good episode was the one when he rode the 'Romantic Road' in Germany.
That was repeated last night and was the foundation for this summers trip with my mate.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

vRSG60 wrote:
Scott_rider wrote:I like his programmes (thumbs). A good episode was the one when he rode the 'Romantic Road' in Germany.
That was repeated last night and was the foundation for this summers trip with my mate.
Yes, I watched that.. (and all the others) and it had me searching for info online.

Will be doing that sometime soon.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Sleepy wrote: Will be doing that sometime soon.
Give me a shout if you do. I bought the book from Germany and have a few maps etc. You can download the GPS route but it has millions of waypoints. Most can be deleted
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

I had a good chat with Henry at Motorcyle Live a few years back and I came to the conclusion then that he is very genuine chap. He really did take the time for a chat and photo with my lad. he was not at all up himself and most of what he does on TV is very much tongue in cheek. He genuinely enjoys Motorcycling, and seemed to enjoy meeting the public. What you see is what you get with our Henry. (thumbs)

Return to “ABR MAGAZINE”