minkyhead wrote:
By minkyhead at 2010-04-11

Great Picture This One ..

Great report as well..

Test drive on a wee strom anyone ..
Womble

Re: Advice on 650 V strom vs 1000 V strom

Post by Womble »

very happy with my 650 :) Seems capable of everything, really depends what you want from a bike really.
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I love my 1000, it pulls like a train and handles well enough to see off less confident power rangers in the twisties. But as said, I think its very thirsty especially if you ride hard but great fun and ugly as sin. ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

For many years i never even gave the Wee Strom a second thought. Its not a good looking bike, it definitely isn't cool and i always believed it wouldn't be powerfull enough for me as i always ride 1000cc + bikes.
But i kept seeing posters on forums saying how good they are, how reliable they are and how frugal they are to run and maintain.
So about 18 months ago i test rode one.... expecting to hate it if i'm honest.... I was extremely surprised at how good it actually was. It goes far better than i ever would have believed and its very comfortable and fits my 6'2" frame perfectly. I was that impressed with it i bought the demo bike that i rode tested that very same day.
In 35 years of biking, the Wee Strom is the most untilitarian, reliable, fuel efficient, do anything bike i've ever owned. I can load it up like a pack mule for my rallies, its very comfortable for long days touring, gives me 60 mpg, yet can still keep up with my mates on 1000CC+ bikes on sunday rideouts.
I still occasionally lust after the (cool) dual sports like the 1200 Tenere... but for what it would cost me, would i end up with 3 times the bike ? I think not.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i aggree with tyhe above stuff entirly both bike have great atributs and the wee is by far the easier option to own ..in terms of running costs [most deffinatly ]B) its still a engaging ride for sure

but if you have a couple of little devil horns in your head :evil: and like the idea you can break the rear on the throttle with no traction control ..and running costs arnt numero uno .. im afraid the vee has it from me ..

rich from a xt 660 owner i know but the xt wears two hats and the off road hat has feck off big feathers in it ...:silly: :laugh:

i guess its down to the individual ..i have to say getting 280 miles for 20 litres has its strong point
i reakon 100 miles a tank extra from the wee minimum is where its at thrttle for throttle :ohmy: over a week thats a fair old chunk for me and the vee is a bad tempered bitch in town
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”