The more you spend ,better the product ?????

The essential art of farkling.
moto al

The more you spend ,better the product ?????

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps ,buying gear with a named logo .is it worth spending more ££££s ,for a better product Or are you paying for the smart marketing. Now over to you guys , an open FORUM.cheersAl
moto al
FAT MATT

Re: The more you spend ,better the product ?????

Post by FAT MATT »

Depends on the product in my experience. Some things I'm happy to go cheap with, but others have to be high end for me.

Some products are almost identical bar a pricier brand on it. For example touratech trangia versus trangia itself.
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

A lot of the cost of the top gear is in research and development, to produce a top quality bit of kit, :cheer: which the cheaper brands then try and copy the resulting kit :pinch:
GB

Post by GB »

Buy cheap, buy twice
Finally back on a GS :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I forgot my expensive Knox full back protector once when I packed for an MRO round at Brands. A friendly competitor leant me his spare one which was cheap and nasty but better than nothing, and you can't pass scrutineering without one.

I got nurfed off on the exit of Druids and kind of run over by a following bike, across my back. It basically saved me from a serious back injury or worse. I was straight up on my feet. Cost about £20 off ebay I think.

Then I swallowed a 2 pence pain-killer and died...
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

Absolutely -
this leather jacket from Belstaff is a snip at over £1200 and pisses over anything that Alpinestars, Hideout or Dainese can muster :whistle:

just read about the inspiration and quality

Taking inspiration from the most dangerous moto race in the world, the Isle of Man TT, David Beckham has created this vintage-inspired English cafe racer jacket. Hand burnished at 49 degrees Celsius, leather adopts an authentic vintage look; a characteristic that sparked this iconic British design partnership.

When nothing is going right - go left
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

wait for me wrote:Absolutely -
this leather jacket from Belstaff is a snip at over £1200 and pisses over anything that Alpinestars, Hideout or Dainese can muster :whistle:
Very nice, but we're talking about motorcycle clothing, not wine bar clothing.. :laugh:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

David Beckham's changed a bit. He's got lego-man hair now, I see.

I had a jacket like that in 1981. It had lovely foam padding inserts, straight from a G-Plan sofa. All ready for that high speed slide off your RD350LC. Ah those were the days. Well worth recreating for a mere £1295-00.

Nostalgia eh? Not what it used to be...
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

wait for me wrote:Absolutely -

just read about the inspiration and quality

Taking inspiration from the most dangerous moto race in the world, the Isle of Man TT, David Beckham has created this vintage-inspired English cafe racer jacket. Hand burnished at 49 degrees Celsius, leather adopts an authentic vintage look; a characteristic that sparked this iconic British design partnership.

Good find. And just look at the hardened biker/model. Looks like he goes out in all weathers in his Beckham-approved hard core biker gear. Just the look on his face says to me "trust me, this Beckham-approved biker gear is the bees knees and is the perfect combination of safety and weather resistance and great value at £1295".
I've no idea how to add a signature.
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Who's David Beckham?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”