service cost GSA

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
IntruderWithin

service cost GSA

Post by IntruderWithin »

Hi due an annual service at 3500miles (did not quite make the 6000 miles yet!!!) any idea on the cost? BMW 1200GSA 2010 model

Thanks
At times of peace, plan for war.
Sleepy

Re: service cost GSA

Post by Sleepy »

I'd phone around, not all dealers charge the same, I do all my own maintenance so have no Idea what you'll pay for someone else to do the work.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I've no idea of the cost, i service my bikes myself, but i bet it'll be mega expensive at a BMW dealer.
If i were you and wanted the stamps in the service book... I would get a quote of your nearest BMW dealer, and then get quotes off the local bike mechanics shops and tell them you'll supply genuine BMW parts for anything like filters ect. This will keep your warranty intact.
You're guaranteed to save a bundle of dosh this way.
bengybull

Post by bengybull »

Gsa 2008 model, was due annual service as had not reached the mileage, quoted 250 from bmw glasgow, had a look to see what was involved, oil/filter valve clearance and general check. so decided to do it myself, roughly 50 quid on parts and a great day in the garage, did a few extra things too, that wouldnt have been done by bmw.

I phoned a few motorrad dealers and the price quoted was consistant throughout , my bike mileage at the the time was 12,700. prev service 8000 so service due 14,000 or annual.
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Return to “TECHNICAL”