Camp site in Lake Dist/Y.Dales

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
yoda

Camp site in Lake Dist/Y.Dales

Post by yoda »

Hi,anyone got any recommendations for a small quiet campsite in the Lakes or Yorkshire Dales? I've got a w/end free july 4-5th so might try and get a night out while i've got the chance. Stopped at Takoda last year, had read that it was closed but there looks to be a music fest on there that w.end?

Thanks.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
cocker

Re: Camp site in Lake Dist/Y.Dales

Post by cocker »

i think takoda is still open, maybe it was shut for a week because of appleby horse fair ????
Norfolk tiger

Post by Norfolk tiger »

http://www.highlaning.com

The venue of a recent UKGSER meet a nice spot
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Try www.ushagap.co.uk

Very biker friendly, drying room, hot showers & about 300 metres from http://www.farmersarmsmuker.co.uk

Which is again biker friendly & lovely!
(My cousins pub!)

Also its not far from Butter Tubs pass & all those fantastic bike roads, and the greenlanes of the Hawes area are very close!
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Philiptigerrice wrote:.....http://www.farmersarmsmuker.co.uk

Which is again biker friendly & lovely!
(My cousins pub!)......
Do ABRs get discount on the beer then :whistle:
bowber

Post by bowber »

No Takoda is open and while there is a music festival on it's not a massive event so you might find it good fun and it'll not go on too late.

Steve
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

There is a good campsite at dent not to far from hawes it's got a couple of pubs on the doorstep both do food and the woman that runs the site will do a breakfast on a barm for about £3.50 you get a mug of tea or coffee included as well.lovely location and £9 a night.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'll 2nd the suggestion regarding the site at Dent because if it's the same one I've used they're really friendly, the pubs are close and serve good beers, there are loads of good roads to ride on and if you fancy just having a walk you're spoiled for choice.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Many thanks for the replys, i will look into these (thumbs)
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
HarvonAB

Post by HarvonAB »

Just got back from a few days in the Dales......I utilised the suggestions above.....stayed over at Usha Gap.....had a couple of nights in The Farmers......

camp site was spot on, relaxed with excellent facilities.....reasonably priced too

Farmers had good selection of real ale (and fizzy lager for the kids)......food was spot on.....had one of thd best lamb dinners ever (and Ive had a few...).....all very reasonably priced.

and a nice little bonus was the villagd shop made up fresh sarnies each morning for the back pack....again not taking the piss on prices.

definitely going back

thanks for the suggestion.....good call

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”