TOMTOM waypoints

vRSG60

TOMTOM waypoints

Post by vRSG60 »

How close do you have pass to the waypoint so the TOMTOM knows you're ready to be directed to the next one?
I've downloaded a route and on closer inspection some of the waypoints are just off the road or on the wrong side of the road.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
misterlaffer

Re: TOMTOM waypoints

Post by misterlaffer »

vRSG60 wrote:How close do you have pass to the waypoint so the TOMTOM knows you're ready to be directed to the next one?
I've downloaded a route and on closer inspection some of the waypoints are just off the road or on the wrong side of the road.
I think I once read 50 Metres, so I would in this case modify the waypoint. The TomTom Rider I have on occasions didn't get the waypoint on the opposite side of the dual carriageway so the TomTom will take you off at the next exit and turn you around. Also, I have found if the waypoint starts with an address - always choose another one. (thumbs) Easily modified in Tyre.
Selous

TOMTOM waypoints

Post by Selous »

Yep mine do it too.
You could just tap the screen to ignore that waypoint.
It would be adviserble in future to go along a rout you have been given or dl to ensure it is on correct side of the road etc. I too learnt the hard way too!
Sorry sounds like sucking eggs, i would of zoomed in and checked the route.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using Tapatalk

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”