Garmin 660 music

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
tefflon

Garmin 660 music

Post by tefflon »

Hi all

Garmin 660 can you put load music from a micro sd card straight on to the unit & then put the mapping card back in ?
I'm not in to computing and have Tryed to contact garmin uk but am on hold for ages
So just give up

' yes I no soom of you would never listen to music on there bike but I do

Many thanks
Steve
tefflon

Re: Garmin 660 music

Post by tefflon »

Hi nevsey

Thanks mate thort it was 2 easy that way
nevsey

Garmin 660 music

Post by nevsey »

I don't think so. There is a thread on here somewhere that explains how to.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Mapping on the garmin and music on the SD card works for me.
The garmin will give you the option to browse for the source via the music player
heavy

Post by heavy »

just get micro sd card no more than 16 gig, load all your music and story books on, stick into slot, then let onboard mapping deal with routes, and also listen to music , via headset, you can also put your phone through it aswell, so mappin - music and phone all at same time, all my mates and myself do it that way
regards rikki
nevsey

Garmin 660 music

Post by nevsey »

Yea garmin made it bloody hard to get music on the 660 took me ages to work out how not to do it :lol:
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

i run a 32gb card, put all maps apart from the euro garmin map on the card, put all the pois on the card,another folder for pics, must have a dozen audio books in another folder and a thousand tracks, but one track can be an album, a thousand is the limit set by garmin.
put these in seperate folders. Use audiable upload manager for the books.
the music folder, make seperate folders inside and label them up A to Z.in each folder place apropreate tracks,try to share them evenly. you can only play mp3 type files.you can easily find free converters if you have different file types.
if you do not put in seperate file folders the unit will be slow, trust me i have tried everything and now it works sweet.
ps, dont load via your unit, put the card in your pc and write to it there, much much faster
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

if your struggling drop me a pm and will send an image of my card for you to copy/look at
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi Desmo666

Thanks for the info my daughter put my music on a micro sd card for me as I only have an iPad

Return to “TECHNICAL”