Africa Obsessed

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Falloonz

Africa Obsessed

Post by Falloonz »

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited that this mag is out, I love it already and it will only fuel my passion for motorbikes and travelling before I just have to quit the race and head South on 2 wheels I'm sure!!

I am currently living on a tiny rock in the English Channel hence my ownership of a DT125, anything else would just be a waste!!

My only motorbike adventure to date was a 3 week tour around the Western Cape in South Africa on a BMW650GS which was great. What I really want to do is go back to West Africa and ride in the countries I didn't visit last time, i.e Cote D'Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Guinea Bissau...I'm saving my pennies!!

Wishing all happy, safe, 2-wheeled adventures! ;)
Lolo

Re:Africa Obsessed

Post by Lolo »

Would love to do Africa too. Decided once Ive run out of Europe Ill get braver :) Fancy Africa, Australia and US
Alun

Post by Alun »

Welcome to the forum Falloonz. I've a bit of an African obsession myself having been many times to the northern, eastern and southern countries. The west is certainly high on my list too, it's all those muddy roads I crave after.

Have you checked out African Brew Ha Ha? It's a newish book which we've mentioned in the 1st issue of ABR. It's a well written account of a guy who rides a motorcycle down the west coast of Africa. I've sort of reviewed it here
f2uk

Post by f2uk »

I'm reading that at the moment, great idea but don't know about doing it by yourself. He has come a cropper a few times and I'm only half way through!
Falloonz

Post by Falloonz »

Cool thanks, I'll look it up!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”