Do you use TYRE TomTom Software?? I am having issues!

-Ralph-

Re: Do you use TYRE TomTom Software?? I am having issues!

Post by -Ralph- »

Just plug in the USB port with a cable, it'll show on the computer as a drive, browse to the ITN folder, and save in there as an ITN file.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

It does not appear to export in the gpx format Memory Map likes whilst Tyre can.
I can sketch a rough track in MM export as a gpx file to Tyre that will make a proper track then re export to MM as a gpx so I have my track on an OS map.
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

Tyre runs perfectly on my my Mac using Parallels VM software.
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

@ChrisJK - I'd like to know a bit more about that if you could help me out. That would certainly be the preferred option for me.
special one

Post by special one »

I use tyre all the time, it's a brilliant, easy to use route planner.

I don't use it to do the actual route plan though, I plan it all on google maps, then copy the link to it in to tyre via add file from website, then save it as a .ITN file, then send it to your tomtom.

I send my files by removing the tomtom sd card and inserting it in my PC, copying the file across them put the card back in the unit.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

This is Parallels http://www.parallels.com/uk/ and there is also Vmware http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusio ... tures.html

I have used both but for the last couple of years just Parallels. It is installed just like any Mac app, then when launched you can install a copy of Windows (or Linux or any of several OS's ). You do need to have an install disk or download of Windows and I am still using Windows 7 although these Vms (virtual machines) will run the latest versions including Windows 10 Beta.

Thereafter when you want to run Windows you just launch Parallels and away you go. As the name implies, you can run Windows in parallel with any other Mac app. You can drag and drop files from Mac apps to and from Windows. Have a look at these videos. http://www.parallels.com/uk/products/desktop/

The Windows installation just ends up as a big file (size dependent on what you specify as the desired size of your virtual machine (I typically run about 50GB which is plenty for my needs) which you can treat pretty much like any other file on your Mac.
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Thanks Chris - I'll look into that then.
sven

Post by sven »

I find TYRE very quick and easy to use, but my Dell laptop is only around 14 months old and has a fast i7 processor and plenty of RAM
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

Tyre/ Memory Map interchange works OK on my low horsepower Bush win 8,1 tablet, not lightening fast but quite adequate with both programs running.
MotoGoLoco

Post by MotoGoLoco »

Ginger wrote:@Treadtrader - On the Motogoloco can you export the routes to TomTom Rider13?
Hey up!

I've not tried a Rider 13 (yet) but as long as it's got either an SD card slot or USB connection (i.e. some way of connecting it to your computer), then yes - you should be able to create & save your routes, then export them as a .ITN file (ITN for TomTom/GPX for Garmin) to your device.

Happy to help if you get stuck - just drop us a PM.

Cheers
James @ MotoGoLoco

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”