Hi I'm Toby and I'm new to the site

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Toby

Hi I'm Toby and I'm new to the site

Post by Toby »

Yeah.. hello I'm Toby and I joined the site a few days ago after meeting some bikers on a car park in Stratford

Just nipping into Staples saw three blokes on some seriously packed motorcycles. We have a biker's chat including such interesting things as the benefits of square box panniers.. and it turns out that these men are just setting of on a trip to the Alps!

Alun Davies gave me a card for the website, and I joined up. What a great site, local guys too

I've just come back from a trip to Ireland with a friend who comes from the Emerald Isle setting off from Mickleton, picking up my mate at Cirencester, off to Holyhead to Dublin, accross to the most westerly point (Achill Island), down through Cork and back accross through Limerick and Tiperary to Rosslare/Fishguard.. around a thousand miles door to door

Glad to meet these intrepid blokes, find the site and see the lads ride off from the car park outside Staples in Stratford.. and best of luck to them. Hope they enjoy the trip

Have uploaded a few of pictures, one attached, of the trip if you fancy a yawn

Toby
MidnightSerenity

Re:Hi I'm Toby and I'm new to the site

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hi Toby welcome to the site! How are you finding it so far? Everyone is very friendly on here! :)
Toby

Post by Toby »

Thanks for your reply...

I'm finding it a very interesting site, I had no idea that there would be so many adventurers out there. I'm taking a look round slowly at some of the videos and photos and have uploaded some photos of my own to share.

I'm thinking of posting a recipe for 'Bikers hardcore elderflower cordial'... the thing that makes it hardcore is the addition of 8 lemons and I was bottling it way after midnight... and didn't even ask permission from my wife to do it!

OK maybe a bit tame, but that's who I am.. the kind of biker who likes to make elderflower and rosehip cordeal, grow my own veg and spend hours looking out from the hill where we live accross to the Malverns, the drinking and partying till 4 am had to stop some time ago now... thank goodnes.

Nice talking to you.. please share some stuff back anytime

Toby
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hello again Toby...will you be willing to share the secrets of your elderflower and rosehip cordeal with us all?! :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”