Notify tick box

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Re: Notify tick box

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Mr Free Market wrote:Now I'm really confused :)
Appologies, I flick from work to forums and sometimes forget who I'm talking to :pinch:

In computer-world, there are different types of communication Conection and Connectionless.

Think of having a chat with your mate; You talk he listens - this is connectionless. He don't confirm that he has heard you.
When you talk he listens then says 'yes I got that' that is connection orientated. He has confirmed that he heard what you said

In computer-world, most (not all) communication is connection orientated, meaning for every piece of inforation sent, the reciever will send a piece back to say 'got it' (it's alot more complex than that in reality).

SMTP is the 'program' (it's not but for simplicity we'll call it that) that sends email over the internet, so, if it were a connection orientated 'program' then for every email sent, the forum would recieve one back. This would almost double the amount of information sent.

I should never have started this.....

Sorry.
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Thanks mate. Now I'm really really confused. I think I'll duck out of this one now & get back to my coffee. Its probably for the best :laugh:
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Mr Free Market wrote:I love that … Alun is the webmaster … sounds like something out of one of The Matrix films. Does he have a full length leather coat? I think we have a right to know !!! :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:

Maybe ................
Alun

Post by Alun »

All points noted.
Ceri JC

Post by Ceri JC »

A plus one for me to the, "it'd be nice if it could be off by default".
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

This is the only forum i use that subscribes you to threads automatically... and its a PITA to have to keep unsubscribing every time a post is made.
It cant be that hard to make it the opposite way round, whereby you have to opt to be subscribed.
Farky

Post by Farky »

Yea, we did discuss this before and it was left as you have to opt out.

Most of my evenings are started with deleting an average of 20 dead emails that tell me nothing other than which thread is busy. I would mind less if they contained the reply itself but really now start by deleting emails, then go to the site and unsubscribe from those threads..

Great thing is, if you do unsubscribe to a thread you've replied to, it still remembers this thread in the 'My Topics' tab so you can still easily see which you did previously respond to. Therefore, if 'unsubscribe' was the rule as such, then you could still easily find the threads your active in and subscribe to them, or visa versa.
scurrell

Post by scurrell »

It's a setting in the Kunena forum configuration

-> users -> Post-subscription checked by default?
"It was only the beer talking, but what it said made perfect sense..."

Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Ceri JC wrote:A plus one for me to the, "it'd be nice if it could be off by default".
+1

Though my colleagues at work now give me mega respect, as my Blackberry alerts chime with every new email - so therefore never try to push me extra work ;)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”