Notify tick box

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Adrian

Notify tick box

Post by Adrian »

Is it possible to make the notify tick box an opt in option.?
I forget to uncheck it sometimes and then get loads of emails every time someone replies to the message.

Cheers

Ade
davsato

Re: Notify tick box

Post by davsato »

just go onto the thread you get the emails from and click on 'unsubscribe' at the top
Dave
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

The questions cropped up before, there dosen't seem to be the option. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

You can also click the *profile* tab , then click Subscriptions.. this lists all threads you have subscribed (or mistakenly) to .. and lets you delete them by clicking the tick box etc ..

LWR
Harty

Post by Harty »

Got to say that it is a bit of a pain the the arse, especially if you forget. Would make more sense to be the opposite around
.....eat my dirt!
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Harty wrote:Got to say that it is a bit of a pain the the arse, especially if you forget. Would make more sense to be the opposite around
I agree.

It would also lessen the load on the server, and reduce egress bandwidth use. Maybe not a problem today, but as the site reaches it's limits then it can make a difference to billing ££. OK so we are talking about 2Kb message, but with say 20 subscriptions/post updates for 1000 users thats 40Mb of outgoing mail. The only saving grace is that SMTP is connectionless and the bandwidth is unidirectional.

It's not just site bandwidth, it's also every subscribers bandwidth that should be considered. Especially those who use mobile internet or push email where cost could mount up very quickly.
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

"...The only saving grace is that SMTP is connectionless and the bandwidth is unidirectional..."

Eh? :huh:

Now I'm really confused :)
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Ooooophs - must remember to unsubscribe from this thread or I'll be getting even more emails :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Treadtrader wrote:The questions cropped up before, there dosen't seem to be the option. ;)
Alun , will confirm this , he is the webmaster here ..
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

I love that … Alun is the webmaster … sounds like something out of one of The Matrix films. Does he have a full length leather coat? I think we have a right to know !!! :laugh:

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”