Green Lanes

GreatScott

Green Lanes

Post by GreatScott »

Can you get maps - OS perhaps - with green lanes for a Garmin 660 ?

Cheers

GS
Tramp

Re: Green Lanes

Post by Tramp »

Hi gs,

i dowt it very much as my nuvi 550 isnt compatible like most garmin satnavs its only the walking type that are memroy map compatible and do tracks [which is what you want].

life sucks eh....I use maps and plan a route on mapsource to the start of each route then follow the map as most green lanes are easy to follow. Its just salisbury plain thats a nightmare:evil: :evil: , also in congunction with the map turn setting to os mapping not wgs84 then you get the correct lat/long were you are.
GreatScott

Post by GreatScott »

Thank you :(
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi all,

just for garmin nuvi owners..

today having a play on mapsorce i changed the preference in the tools from road navigation to straight line...

did a quick route on hugs o/s mapping web site then transfered to mapsource with gpx file, used loads of waypoints at junctions off road and normal stuff on road.

now uploaded to satnav and on road its as usual but when going off road changed satnav to offroad mode and it did not direct as usual[all around the main roads ] but showed a line to follow from waypoint to waypoint and was very good if a little[10ft] off due to o/s and garmin stuff...

so I`m a happy bunny again and saved a few bob .. buttake the map along for camparison.

let me know how you all get on.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”