12TH of JULY

SPEN

Re: 12TH of JULY

Post by SPEN »

moto al wrote:
SPEN wrote:Before you start a whole pile if shite i wonder how long you have lived here ??? some of these are just church parades ,would you ban all remembrance day services then in case it offends someone ??? or ban the union flag anywhere in the UK ?? i'm not for or against but don't start spouting shit unless you know whats going on
I don't like your attitude ,I put what happened ,thank god their trying to ban these Cretans off our streets in Scotland.
You may know what is happening in Scotland but you don't live here ,so keep your opinions to yourself please , When you have lived here for 47 years then you can have an opinion.I started this to see who's heading out on their bike and you like the cretins you talk about have have ruined this thread ,better keeping it shut next time ( your mouth that is)
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Rumor has it he rode a white GS
moto al

Post by moto al »

SPEN wrote:
moto al wrote:
SPEN wrote:Before you start a whole pile if shite i wonder how long you have lived here ??? some of these are just church parades ,would you ban all remembrance day services then in case it offends someone ??? or ban the union flag anywhere in the UK ?? i'm not for or against but don't start spouting shit unless you know whats going on
I don't like your attitude ,I put what happened ,thank god their trying to ban these Cretans off our streets in Scotland.
You may know what is happening in Scotland but you don't live here ,so keep your opinions to yourself please , When you have lived here for 47 years then you can have an opinion.I started this to see who's heading out on their bike and you like the cretins you talk about have have ruined this thread ,better keeping it shut next time ( your mouth that is)
. I was talking about Scotland .i just don't want my family growing up in a country with sectarian cretins .cheers al
moto al
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Neither do i, my kids know nothing about the 12th and they respect everyone they meet no matter color or religion , I have been in Scotland over the 12th holidays ( on my bike ) and they are actually worse there than they are here ,I lived in the heart of the trouble for about 25 years and only ever had an interest in bikes and nothing else but there are two sides to every story and the media want to project a bad guy and a good guy ( in my opinion ) SO WHO'S GOING OUT ON THE 12TH ( ON THEIR BIKE )
moto al

Post by moto al »

No harm meant ,sorry if I over reacted , i hope I can buy you a pint some time cheers al
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SPEN wrote:Rumor has it he rode a white GS
Now that's just "bikeist", there was another geezer long before him who the crowd said that they heard him on his Triumph :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

moto al wrote:
image_2014-07-08-9.jpg
While we do not have many marches down south as they say there are some here on the 12th and they are always peaceful and family occasions and they are being encouraged.

My grandfather often told us of the 12th when he was young and it was as festive a family day as Patricks Day or Independence Day. His great love was steam trains and on 12th each one had its busiest day. Reading his records of their operations for 12th July there was a huge emphasis on the family day and how it became an excursion for everyone and enjoyed by everyone. There was a time when the 12th was seen in the same way as Patricks Day.

There is incredible history here and incredible scenery that can be enjoyed by all. We cannot change what has passed, but we can change how we look at it and change our vision of the future. Fortunately now Irelands tourism is marketed as one, to everyone's benefit, but still preserving the identity and uniqueness of Northern Ireland

Over the years I have met many people who came on holiday at this time just to avoid troubles and almost always one could not have met nicer people. But I also met people who were afraid to come south and one of the most amazing ones was in my professional capacity. We needed some construction components for a very important pharmaceutical client during their annual maintenance shut down. Unfortunately none of the firms down here could deliver so I approached an engineering company up north as they say. Anyway they had never worked south of the border but they offered terms that were very acceptable. A week later I called them to say the bid had been accepted and their MD came to meet me. Now he had never been down to the other end of the country so when I met him he was a little nervous. We had a good conversation about the project and then he proceeded to ask me about the persuasion of those running the company. I knew what he meant and said it was very simple, we draft the contract and you deliver and they pay. No need to do any more or worry about politics or your people. The only thing that matters is that you deliver a good product. He did just that, and got paid and we received a treasured letter thanking us. He also asked about more openings for his firm, to which I have him a list of companies and contacts telling him that the project he had just completed would be an excellent reference for him. But the icing on the cake for him was that he became the preferred supplier and his components went into the entire plant in the following summer replacement programme. He came to see me again, to tell me that he had moved south with his family to run a separate arm of the business and that it had been a new lease of life for him and the business. His biggest annoyance was that so much was misrepresented in the media that it was actually causing a lot of the problems.

In every society and community one will get issues, blowing them out of proportion doesn't help. I spent 12th July in 1981 [year of the hunger strikes] in Belfast in the company of an American tourist and ended up staying overnight. He too was amazed at how different it was from what he had expected.

We can all tell stories, but what is great is that we have great bike roads in Ireland, in all 32 counties and anyone on a bike is welcome in each, no matter where they come from.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

moto al wrote:No harm meant ,sorry if I over reacted , i hope I can buy you a pint some time cheers al
No worries ,a few pints of Guinness
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

If you feel like travelling a bit....Waterford Bike Show. The route is all motorway if you want:M1 M50 M7 M9 and its on the waterfront in Waterford.....about 3-3 1/2 hours from Belfast.....A long day but a nice run.

Some fabulous bikes down that way, saw them on a sun a few weeks ago and dazzling chrome etc but nice guys.

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 0803_n.jpg
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

I was at a bike show in Mooncoin about 25 years ago i think it was the first ever Harley rally down there !!!!!

Return to “Ireland”