ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
McOo

Re: Camping Weekend Down South

Post by McOo »

If it sticks to those dates, I'll be there. Feeling a little left out after missing out on the boil ;)
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Going to try and pull a few strings today at a forestry campsite which is within walking distance of the pubs etc.

Ride outs to Sammys and Salisbury etc would be great tramp.

How about if I get a BBQ fired up for friday night?
Real men ride twins ;-)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Flames I do like the Flames ..... who we Burning....and marshmellows on sticks too.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I believe I might drag my sorry old arse along to this one. Be rude not to all things considered ;)

Seriously, what a fantastic idea!!!! I was also disappointed to miss the Boil so this will be a great SW version – perhaps it could become an annual SW meet :woohoo:

A nice little trundle around Salisbury Plain would be a nice intro to those travelling from further afield.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Ok here's deal, the cheap site I wanted for us is not open. :(

So the best so far is hollands wood campsite Brockenhurst, we are all welcome and its a great place (we stay there often)

Its £24.50 per pitch (2 people 1 bike per night)
or £23.50 for a single person with bike and pitch
we can have our own area, although they want £20 behaviour deposit from each adult refundable on departure.

For non riders, children, grannys, dogs there are some great walks and cycle hire avalliable.

The dates 15 16 17th seem to be good for most people and ok with the site.
Real men ride twins ;-)
davsato

Post by davsato »

15th out for me but could come for the sat/sun, bring the rods and instead of a rideout take nipper to the shore for a fishing exped, something else i been promising him.
this is cool, 3 birds with one stone!
Dave
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Needs camping equipments!

Any good tents recommended? SWMBO will be coming too - I need carrying solutions!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Jim,
if I come along with my PUP tent and Bark loudly can I get in as your guard dog:laugh: :laugh:

Its a caravan and camping site so according to their site its minimum 2 nights at the weekend and £19.50 per person with tent, so us sad ccc members get a discount..he he.

Do we get our own barbeque pit? I`ve wild camped in the forest before but hiding all those bikes will be hard...

I`m definatley in for the ride outs will post some routes up for people to say yes or know about.
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

VersysRider wrote:Needs camping equipments!

Any good tents recommended? SWMBO will be coming too - I need carrying solutions!
Vango Banshee (3 person) is pretty decent, it's small enough to go inside a pannier or topbox.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Unfortunately no fires aloud or burning wood, leaves etc is a £500 fine :( i was thinking of a BBQ (its ok if raised off the ground) and burning charcoal.

I thought if i get a BBQ (or make one) people could just grab some food on the way and cook it when they arrive whilst meeting and erecting tents.

The Foresters pub is great for food although you may need to book, its a bit of a walk but worth it, the Snakecatcher is closer and so is the Rose and Crown so lots of choice if your not fussed about cooking. :)
Real men ride twins ;-)

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”