Photo's

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
nige

Photo's

Post by nige »

Hi Being a new member I would like to say well done for setting up this site i have toured europe on Pan europeans and have always thought it would be a good idea to set up a web site for touring motorcyclists who have a sense of adventure. I am currently riding a 1999 BMW R1150gs and love it.
I have a couple of questions.
First; I try to click on certain photo's in the gallery and they just skip around the page, is it me?
Second; Is there any group trips planned or get together's? or is this web site purely intended as a information exchange forum.
Alun

Re:Photo's

Post by Alun »

Welcome to the site nige and can I be the first to congratulate you on getting photos to jump around the page, I've been trying to get them to do that for years. On a more helpful note can you cut and paste a link to the page you're talking about here and I'll check it out. Can't say I've had that one before.

In answer to your second question I think it's almost a cert that as the site grows members will arrange meet up, ride outs and maybe even overseas tours. What would help with that is if all members who join up fill in their personal profile – would be good to see yours nige plus a photo of your GS.

By the way, I've always had a soft spot for the Pan but never owned one. What do you prefer about the GS over the Pan?
nige

Post by nige »

Thanks for that,
below is the page I am on about.
I sold the pan due to emigration to canada, that has'nt happened yet(hopefuly it will)so because I can'nt bear to be without a bike I bought the gs on a whime to get me through the summer,so pleased I did, compared to the pan its like rough riding in the elements again even my wife finds it more exciting then the pan.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello ... userid=208
Alun

Post by Alun »

I've just checked the link and all appears to be okay, so, I'm stumped. Let me know if it happens on any other page.

I was out in Morocco with a Canadian rider a few months ago and listening to his tales of riding up north on endless adventure trails all I can say is...the Cotswolds are far more hardcore, erm. I've done some riding around Newfoundland, and that was fantastic. Have you been out and about on a motorcycle in Canada?
nige

Post by nige »

Yes we did the canadian rockies taking in Vancouver last year it was really great.
You may be interested in the link below its my friend from canada who has just embarked on a bike trip around the world, we are meeting up in Scotland in july.(There maybe some intersting stories for your magazine)
If you would like me to give you contact details, I will gladly.
ps. at the moment other then work I have no access to a computer so are unable to load up my profile.
http://trevsblogg.blogspot.com/
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good to see you're working hard nige. Tell your mate to sign up on this site. As a member he can post up blogs which will (hopefully) be seen by a lot more interested readers and it would be good to keep in touch with his progress. There's also the chance we'd be able to feature him in the new magazine.
Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Buggered!
The photo resizing program only works for PC's

Have to come out here:woohoo: in public and say that I'm a mac user!!!!!

Cannot up load 3 mb image although the limit is 8 mb on the site.

Am I missing something or am I just plain stupid?

No I don't want any answers to the last question thank you. lol
:woohoo:
" Ride hard, fall softly"
Alun

Post by Alun »

DD can you mail me the image [email protected] I could check it - uploading - and rezise at the same time.

I'm looking into easier photo upload now.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Oh, forgot to say, download the Gimp - no, it's not a Conservative MP face mask but free photo imaging softeware and as good as photoshop. I use it for all my stuff in the office.
Aidan1150

Post by Aidan1150 »

Linking a pic from a Photobucket account is the easiest way I find to post pics on any forum. ;)

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”