Did you like......

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
IanPorter

Did you like......

Post by IanPorter »

....the XRV forum in the old days?

then you'll love www.bigtrailie.co.uk

same team, same familiar members, just a new name without the advertising and corporate bulsh1t.

go on, pop in and say hello, you know you want to

:)
CRAIGREVO

Re: Did you like......

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I never stopped using the @ forum because of the adverts or the corporate bullshit. It was more to do with the clicks and in jokes that made it feel a bit like a private members club. :blush:
IanPorter

Re: Re: Did you like......

Post by IanPorter »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I never stopped using the @ forum because of the adverts or the corporate bullshit. It was more to do with the clicks and in jokes that made it feel a bit like a private members club. :blush:
Sorry you felt that way Craig, it's something I never experienced.
Pop over to Bigtrailie and see what you think

sent via subspace radio using 1s and 0s
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Good luck with the new forum but for me it just looks like the same old, same old...

First thread I saw was 'what is the best adventure bike' and I just yawned "here we go again", it's been done to death :whistle:

You could just pick up where you left off on the XRV forum, there's no need to re-do the last 1000 threads all over again just because it's a new forum......

All the best with it

Ade
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I never stopped using the @ forum because of the adverts or the corporate bullshit. It was more to do with the clicks and in jokes that made it feel a bit like a private members club. :blush:
+1
digitalcaptive

Post by digitalcaptive »

CRAIGREVO wrote:made it feel a bit like a private members club. :blush:
That's exactly what we want it to be, except everyones invited to become a private member and be "in" on the jokes and for me that's the club feel that xrv lost. As far as content is concerned, its only as good as it's membership puts into it, we want people with fresh ideas and new subject matter, some of the threads started started in bigtrailie are stuff you've seen before, an empty forum was never going to attract anyone.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

knobblywobbly wrote:
+1
+another 1.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
digitalcaptive

Post by digitalcaptive »

Craig, I always remember you as being quite and active member and pretty inclusive to what went on over there
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Bit like another forum I can think of :whistle: and no not this one (thumbs)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

digitalcaptive wrote:
Craig, I always remember you as being quite and active member and pretty inclusive to what went on over there
I was and I did enjoy it, but I saw to many great threads go unnoticed with barely a reply. Yet if the right people posted "I had toast for breakfast" it would quickly become a 25 page thread on the joys of toast.

I will definitely be signing up to the new forum though as its always nice to have a variety. (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”