poll - living in Britain

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elle

Re: poll - living in Britain

Post by Elle »

les9509 wrote:If I had my time over, I would be off to New Zealand like a greased ferret..... the best, most civilised and cleanest place I know. Mrs was mightily impressed too; not an easy task !
Returning from NZ then Singapore was probably why the filth on our streets stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I felt repulsed. What must tourists think!

Originally I did add the option "happy but would consider going abroad" but accidentally deleted it :blush:
Nickw909 wrote:Elle, stop procrastinating and get going, you know that's what you want?
Is it? ;)
When I speak with friends, almost everyone is fed up with their life. I'm intrigued how wide-spread that is. Interesting statistics so far:
36% happy living in the UK
48% are not happy and are either considering moving or wish they could
Another 16% either live abroad or are actively seeking to move abroad
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
special one

Post by special one »

Treadtrader wrote:
special one wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:
special one wrote:Where are you from in Brum Dave?
Acocks green and Tyseley mate.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
My cousins are all from over there, severn road :)
Must be a rough lot from there. :laugh:

It actually says Solihull on my birth certificate, born in a pre-fab, remember them?
It was a working class road that's for sure, there are 4 cousins, all lads that lived there, along with our nan and my aunt and uncle, all in a 3 bed semi, space was tight lol

I remember the prefabs well, still a load of them in the Sheldon area, where I lived as a kid in tile cross, there used to be some pre fab bungalows, brilliant to explore when they knocked them down.

Anyway I best stop derailing this thread lol
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

A person who I 'know' (?) on Facebook recently told me she was appalled when she landed in London at how dirty and squalid everywhere was.

She really was gasted by her flabber - she was from NZ.

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

AndyB wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:
You have midges that are a pain in the arse, we have those other parasites Pikees that are equally a pain in the area ! Nicking, fly tipping and breeding, now there is an argument for sterilisation ?
I Absolutely agree 100% that we need to bring in a sterilisation program.

I'd sterilise every racist stereotyping bigot that walks the face of the earth. The last person that wanted to sterilise what you describe as Pikees (you can't even spell it) was called Adolf Hitler but a lot of people seem to forget that fact.

Let's have a vote on who thinks we should live in a society that accepts racism and bigotry and who thinks there's no place for it.

That'll probably get me banned but really I'm past caring when I read things like that :sick:
Are you not the lucky one then to not be affected by their actions, and why pick me up on my spelling you pompous person ?
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

One of my big concerns about coming home is the traffic, just had big open spaces for the last 6 years as I've been living on a boat. Did a 4000 mile trip round Europe last June, spain, pyrenees france and Alps hardly saw any traffic worth mentioning, then got back to the uk and filtered from the M25 then most of the way up the M6, on a fully loaded two up GSA in the rain. Pissed me off in a big way, not looking forward to that or the grey winters, but, I do love the countryside and am actually looking forward to coming home.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

seems to me if the 48percent that want to bugger off do so
the other half will have much more space .... :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
special one

Post by special one »

AndyB wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:
You have midges that are a pain in the arse, we have those other parasites Pikees that are equally a pain in the area ! Nicking, fly tipping and breeding, now there is an argument for sterilisation ?

I'd sterilise every racist stereotyping bigot that walks the face of the earth. The last person that wanted to sterilise what you describe as Pikees (you can't even spell it) was called Adolf Hitler but a lot of people seem to forget that fact.

Let's have a vote on who thinks we should live in a society that accepts racism and bigotry and who thinks there's no place for it.

That'll probably get me banned but really I'm past caring when I read things like that :sick:
Massive over reaction award?
He was hardly being serious about sterilisation, now he's a racist hitler, jeez this forum gets worse by the day.

You've obviously never had the pleasure of pikeys thieving off you then?

Stop taking things so bloody serious ffs, life's too short.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

special one wrote:
AndyB wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:

Massive over reaction award?
He was hardly being serious about sterilisation, now he's a racist hitler, jeez this forum gets worse by the day.

You've obviously never had the pleasure of pikeys thieving off you then?

Stop taking things so bloody serious ffs, life's too short.
And one of the reasons I am quiting my membership to this forum, not that I posted a lot ,when I joined it was a much happier place ! Not now so goodbye and ride safe ! See you at the Chilterns Rally if you can bear being with a bigot ?
chico

Post by chico »

Elle wrote:
les9509 wrote:If I had my time over, I would be off to New Zealand like a greased ferret..... the best, most civilised and cleanest place I know. Mrs was mightily impressed too; not an easy task !
Returning from NZ then Singapore was probably why the filth on our streets stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I felt repulsed. What must tourists think!

Originally I did add the option "happy but would consider going abroad" but accidentally deleted it :blush:
Nickw909 wrote:Elle, stop procrastinating and get going, you know that's what you want?
Is it? ;)
When I speak with friends, almost everyone is fed up with their life. I'm intrigued how wide-spread that is. Interesting statistics so far:
36% happy living in the UK
48% are not happy and are either considering moving or wish they could
Another 16% either live abroad or are actively seeking to move abroad

i'm fed up with my life if you want to start another poll.... :laugh: as you, i'm surprised by the people I meet who feel the same way....yet we all put the brave face on....no one wants to be seen as a whinger I suppose....
Sweeney Todd

Post by Sweeney Todd »

If you're unhappy go.

Good luck.

Return to “THE PUB”