Had a little adventure!

Where you've been and what you done
V-Rider

Had a little adventure!

Post by V-Rider »

Had a little fun yesterday, pop down a couple muddy tracks listed as BOATS locally. Had a fun time, and found this little spot - sat here and had my lunch. Just the sound of the running water and quiet. :)

Even had a visit by some people on horse back who had a nice chat with me! :woohoo:

Plodded along and were some muddy sections, but just kept the speed up and went on through - had a lot of fun!

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Treadtrader

Re: Had a little adventure!

Post by Treadtrader »

Moved it for ya mate.

Nice little ride on what are basically road tyres, :woohoo: Good un mate. :cheer:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Treadtrader wrote:Moved it for ya mate.
Cheers TT, I'm a dumbass :pinch:
Treadtrader wrote:Nice little ride on what are basically road tyres, :woohoo: Good un mate. :cheer:
Avon Storms, I'm sure an off-road god would be able to do more than me on them, but for what I accomplished on them I was very happy indeed.

I'm thinking about Avon Distanzias/Pirelli MT60/Pirelli Scorpion or even Michelin Anakee's as next tyres.

Cant wait to explore a few more lanes round my way - I'm scouring through OS maps. Anyone know where to buy them? Been looking in local shops and cant find any - Halfords had none. Perhaps camping shops?
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Hi VersysRider
You can buy them in waterstones. You might already know this but you can view OS maps electronically. click here You can zoom into where you want and click where it say "London Street Map" and change it to "Ordnance Survey Map"
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

ipswichbiker wrote:Hi VersysRider
You can buy them in waterstones. You might already know this but you can view OS maps electronically. click here You can zoom into where you want and click where it say "London Street Map" and change it to "Ordnance Survey Map"
Cheers, may have to pop there soon on my break from work.I want something I can take in my tank bag though :pinch:

I'm directionally illiterate lol, well not completely but I wont remember everything from the net ;)
herman

Post by herman »

Top effort old bean. This site is handy,I have posted it up before and will continue to do so: http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm It shows ground conditions relative to the O.S. map which can be handy for checking wether to tackle something on a bigger bike.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
moto al

Post by moto al »

sounds like a nice sunday,cheers ,al
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

i ment sat,al?
moto al
Lee

Post by Lee »

Nice one Hans. OS maps near you?, best bet is Go Outdoors just off the A4 about a mile from Fowlers on the way towards Bath.

Or use the online mapping sites like Herman said. I tend to use bikehike.co.uk as it allows you to auto-route road sections to join it all up, then you can download the gpx file for the satnav.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Nice one Hans, crazy dude!!

Stanfords in Corn Street, for all your maps, bike park just around the corner too.

Ps Pm me where you went, fancy taking the Dakar to get some mud for her 1st time!
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”