Go to where i've never been to before !!

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
tromso

Go to where i've never been to before !!

Post by tromso »

While sitting in the garage the other day trying to fix my scotoiler (Large crack down the length of the oil reservoir) I was pondering how I could get out of watching that come dancing program that takes over our house every Saturday evening, When our lass arrived with a most welcome pot of tea. Sitting down to have a chat with me she suggested I go for a ride the next day! Where will you go she asked?
Err the lakes thinks I! Northumberland, Peak District or maybe North wales? Says I, I will have a think about it tonight. Later that day and looking at the map at where I should go for my ride Sunday
I realised that I was looking at going to where I have been many times before (All very nice places good roads, great pubs, fine views) We all know our comfort rides!!
It was then I decided to go where I’ve never been before! So looking at the map I picked out several places that have been off my radar for the last 32 years that I’ve been riding. Anglesey ,The trough of Boland The east coast of the lakes ,The Pembrokeshire coast in a few minutes I had a list of over 50 places to visit that on many occasions I had been close to but never made it to them. I have also made a list of towns and cities to visit
I was them wondering if this could be a good way of meeting likeminded riders announcing a trip to where they have never been to before and meeting up with other riders who have avoided that area for one reason or another! I know this sort of thing happens already but in the whole it’s to the popular areas of the country any thoughts on this idea would be appreciated?
Just try looking at a map and list the areas you have almost but never quite been to?
Elle

Re: Go to where i've never been to before !!

Post by Elle »

A few years ago, realised I'd never actually spent time in Northumberland. That summer, I spent a long weekend near Bamburgh & early this year, I spent New Year there.

Some folk just never have the imagination or the will to go somewhere different :whistle:
Take them somewhere different and all they do is moan :angry:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Hoggyf

Re: Go to where i've never been to before !!

Post by Hoggyf »

The east coast of the lakes
Not to sure etc but I always thought the coast on the lakes was in the west??? :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315

Return to “HOW TO..........”