Honda Dominator

The Things We Ride
Udders

Re: Honda Dominator

Post by Udders »

I had a good old NX650! A red one. Bleeding good old thing it was too! Went everywhere on it. It plodded along very nicely all day long. Not the quickest thing on the planet and hard to wheelie but I wouldn't hesitate to have another. Go for it!
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

I've had two Dommies and I wouldn't hesitate to have another; if I was in the market for another single.
Reliable as any other Big H,, the only down side for me was the saddles get a bit uncomfortable after a good long ride, apart from that I couldn't fault them.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
lostinthewilderness

Post by lostinthewilderness »

Cheers everyone.
Im thinking more like £500 not £850!

Any engine worries withthe Dommie, or is it mostly cosmetic detiorantion?

Cheers
Matt
JALnSC

Post by JALnSC »

New to the forum, found it on the ADVrider website (I use the same name). We don't have the dominator in the states but insted have the XR650L different 2nd and 5th gear.
My little girl

those are half worn D606's under the clay.
desertraider

Post by desertraider »

a pal of mine has just sold a low miles mint bike (7000 miles) he had a high screen on it and it helped no end on long runs and he loved it , i would say it was on par with my 09 tenere , he never had a problem with at all , he only sold it as he was short of cash due to lack of work or he wouldnt have sold it , was fine on fuel and good off road
,he had afew nice touches, crash bars, alloy sump guard, and small alloy panniers from trax , so somebody got a good bike .
lostinthewilderness

Post by lostinthewilderness »

Thanks for the info everyone.
Much obliged

Cheers
Matt
V_King

Post by V_King »

top end problems are very common on dommies, caused usually by the lack of maintenance - low oil level. and the repair is costly.

apart from that, a good, cheap, workhorse :)
""

Return to “BIKES”