Mini tankbag?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
V-Rider

Mini tankbag?

Post by V-Rider »

B) Anyone have any recommendations?

It'll only be for occasional use, so looking to spend as little as possible :whistle:

It can't have massive flaps on it, as the tank is like this:

You're supposed to look at the tank, not the WOMENS! :pinch:

Basically the tank is surrounded by plastics, so it rules the option out of having magnetic flaps - however central magnets as it is a small bag would work!

If anyone even has one for sale, that would be awesome too
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
mark1150

Re: Mini tankbag?

Post by mark1150 »

I think that swmotech.co.uk ? do one of those jobs where the bag is fitted to an adaptor ring which is fitted to the petrol cap.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Yeah, looking at circa £100 range...

Really dont want to spend that much as it will not be used often, it'll only be used a couple times a year...
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

I've just bought 2 tank bags off of fleabay in the past few days, both of them strap-ons. The first was a bright blue (don't worry it's for a '91 F650 Dakar - the one with the red and blue flag colour scheme so it shouldn't clash) pretend leather bag which I won for a tenner plus postage and the other was a generic, black nylon bag with small magnets in the base and a strap system too, which cost $15 + postage. Both of them are in really good condition for the prices, in fact I think the blue one might never have been on a bike before. I suggest you keep an eye on the auctions - it helps if you're not really in a rush to buy it.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Cheers Roadcat, been scouring evilbay for such things. Quite like the look of the oxford 7l first time tank bag, doesnt look that bad to be honest!

Will keep an eye out!
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

Stuff out one of the bikini tops and tie it down on the tank.
That'll be a win-win situation as more people would enjoy the photo with one of the tops relocated.
;-)

Niklas
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Lol thanks Niklas :P
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

If it helps I can send you the blue one in a months time after it's served it's purpose? I bought the bike it's for specifically to ride up to Namibia from Cape Town in a couple of weeks time. I was planning on selling the bike afterwards (it's bought on a credit card) to defray expenses (read pay off some of the debt) and I was going to just include the bag with the bike as a freebee, but if it'd help you I'm happy to give it to you as an early birthday present?
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Thats incredibly nice of you! Do you have any pictures at all? :)
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

Trust me it's going to clash.... hang on let me see what I can find....

Here you go. Not a great photo but you get the idea.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”