GAS

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Redmurty

GAS

Post by Redmurty »

I have a Campingaz "Twister PZ Kit" Which I will be taking to France, but I have been told that they may not have the canister type I require over there. I am going via the chunnel so I cannot carry any gas. Is this true and do I need to buy a convertion kit ? cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Alun

Re: GAS

Post by Alun »

Who told you that you can't take gas canisters? As far as I'm aware you can, and I have, most years. Good question though and having searched on the Tunnel site for 'camping gas' this is the nearest thing I could find.
mawse

Post by mawse »

Cant help with the type of gas, but the last time I used the tunnel at the barrier the guy was asking everyone if they had any gas cannisters as they were not allowed on the train.

I had two small cannisters not connected to my trangia - Asked the bloke if this was ok? The reply was if they are small and not connected to the burner they will be ok!

Soooooo I went and came back with gas in mi panniers.

Hope this helps
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

I take a camper van across with large gas bottles, no probs as long as they are disconnected.

With the small ones, just don't mention it.

I think they are talking about LPG powered vehicles.
davsato

Post by davsato »

id be more worried about getting hold of those CV cans in france, i can never remember is it the euro screw on jobs or the gaz piercables that can be tricky to find?

ive never not found a screw on, but campinggaz is a french company, so surely they sell their own cans everywhere? one of these days im going to get an adaptor so i can use whichever. all my stoves use screw ons.
Dave
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Gas canisters are ok as long as they are disconnected and they usually just want to check.
As has been said its just LPG powered vehicles which are a no go! I used to use the chunnel every few weeks in my 4 wheeled mode but then 4 years ago I went to LPG so the only time I get to use it now is on the bike if heading East :( :(
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

davsato wrote:id be more worried about getting hold of those CV cans in france, i can never remember is it the euro screw on jobs or the gaz piercables that can be tricky to find?

ive never not found a screw on, but campinggaz is a french company, so surely they sell their own cans everywhere? one of these days im going to get an adaptor so i can use whichever. all my stoves use screw ons.
I've usually found the campinggaz cannisters in the hypermarkets, as they tend to sell camping gear including cookers etc. Thats where I bought mine.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”