French Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
MotoCroz

French Rally

Post by MotoCroz »

Just got this e-mail asking me to post this on my website ( MotoBOTC.co.uk ) but it doesnt really fit so I thought it might get more attention here. I have nothing to do with the owners just posting in case anybody is interested.

'I live in the south of France, on the edge of the Pyrenees, my wife runs a biker only bed and breakfast. I am honoured to have been approached by my mayor of my village and the committee to organise a Rally in our region from June 1-3 2011. I am in the final throws of organising what we shall do and what sort of evening entertainment we shall offer but i hope to have that all tied up before Christmas.

We shall be offering rides in the Pyrenees visiting such places as roman aqueducts, deep gorges, chateaux, enormous caves, Fortresses and trout farms (for lunch), as well as simply riding the best biking roads in Europe , if not the world!

We shall be offering camping facilities on our village football pitch, or for those that want something more like home we will have a couple of Gites available plus a local hotel and of course the odd B+B.

To make this an unbeatable holiday we have also arranged for the Spanish to organise their Barcelona round of Motogp starting from the 5th, now how cool is that? '
http://www.motorcycletoursfrance.co.uk/index.htm
davsato

Re: French Rally

Post by davsato »

shame, i wouldve been very interested but its a bit short notice, ive already booked up a trip to normandy for d-day week.
Dave
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Could very well be interested in this trip, I can't see my local Mayor in Dudley organising something like this, good on 'em cheers Spud ;) PS I will post the link on another forum cheers
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Very seriously looking at this now :woohoo: , has anyone already done the routes highlighted and has any suggestions please chip in :) . I am looking at going via Nomads place. Cheers Spud ;)

Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Nomad's place is pretty cool.

The beer and banter flow in abundant amounts.

I would advise you book in for an evening meal as Wendy's cooking is great.

It is reachable in a days ride from the channel and then you are a day away from your destination.

Nomad is a font of all knowledge about the best roads in the area.
" Ride hard, fall softly"
MotoCroz

Post by MotoCroz »

Glad to be of service. and by the way were is Nomads place.
Cheers
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Try www.motomassif.info for Nomads place Cheers Spud ;)

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I am planning to go via Calais, Bordeaux to the mountains and turning left and then going to the festival, all welcome cheers Spud ;)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”