Which over-trousers don't involve wrestling?

Does my ass look big in these?
Warthog

Which over-trousers don't involve wrestling?

Post by Warthog »

What I want:
Effective waterproof over trousers with a well designed zip that goes up the side of each leg, at least to mid-thigh, with a good velcro flap to then keep that zip water proof.

Why?
Well, I'm tired of fighting my way into over-trousers, by the side of the road, trying to ease a chunky size 10 boot, though an orifice best suited to a slipper.

And I am afraid that, after paying £25-30, I don't want the added ignominy of having to stick my boot into a plastic bag, just to get it through the waterproofs...simply because a designer somewhere never considered that maybe, just maybe, a biker may want to put on their waterproofs whilst still wearing their boots... Call me crazy...

Product suggestions to go with this new, radical way of thinking?
minkyhead

Re: Which over-trousers don't involve wrestling?

Post by minkyhead »

hi
ive been using "mountain life" over trousers for the past couple of years

they have been good .

the zip goes right up to the top of the leg and they are easy to get on and off
thre is no pockets though but i just make sure ive got what i need in me jacket
other than that i have been happy with them

hope this helps ..

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/mens/c ... p1816.aspx
By minkyhead at 2011-03-09
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Selous

Post by Selous »

I have FT over trousers they have a side zip & a back zip but only up to the calf, I find i can put the trousers on while still wearing my Sidi boots & don't get tangled up in them.

Also they have zip pockets & a liner which i have taken out as i found them too hot.

Till it was pointed out to me I could just wear the trousers :blush:

What I did find because they have knee protection as well, I could just wear the Trousers with liner zipped back in as if just normal trousers. :whistle:

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
scouse

Post by scouse »

Field and Trek have a clearance shop in Derby and have a huge sale on at the moment including well know brands of Goretex trousers with big side zips going for 15 quid!
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Taffcd

Post by Taffcd »

I use the Sprayway Hydrolite Pant.3/4 length zip (waterproof) on both legs, makes it easy to get on / off over boots. Easy to carry with their own little bag.

http://www.nevisport.com/storedetail-1- ... _id-307027

Gone up in price since I bought mine over two years ago. (still going strong)
V_King

Post by V_King »

i have a goretex usual overtrousers from army surplus store for £25. saved me from a few downpours. it is traditional design, with a rubber bands sew in at all ends. i find it easy to get in quickly wearing all my gear.
i've noticed, they are very popular between couriers in london
""

Return to “CLOTHING”