HELP ME ARHHHHHHH!

Does my ass look big in these?
Alun

Re: HELP ME ARHHHHHHH!

Post by Alun »

Craig, many many years ago I worked on quality control in a shoe factory. Part of the job was testing leather for all manner of stuff before it hit the production lines. Unless you've a faulty camera or have been boil washing the jacket for the past 6 months without telling us that looks defective.

I'd go back to the shop and show them the pics. How much colour has the leather lost? Do you have a before and after shot?
mr fish

Post by mr fish »

I used to manage a motorcycle clothing dept....as said before if no luck with the rinsing take it back to the shop they should be able to either send it back to the suppliers or they can ring the suppliers whilst your in the shop, some suppliers have loan gear so your not stuck without again as said before the staff are only selling not making so dont be to harsh on them you can always talk to the manager or failing that get the suppliers details from the shop and contact directly....i have had a quick look and www.lloydlifestyle.com are the suppliers and the #s are 01768483784 based in cumbria
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Thanks guys, they seem to be looking good now, but I wont know for sure until they are totally dry and I can put them with the jacket to see if the colours match.
After seeing your posts I'm glad I got photo evidence of just how bad the dye ran.
I don't have a before shot, but it was only the second time Id worn them so they were brand new prier to getting muddy.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

im ashamed to say ive never washed anything gear wise

but what i do is after powerwashing the bike i powerwash meself
mostly from the knees down usually
but i do zip me coat up and gun it now and again ..
deffo gets the shit off .. maby the way to go :)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Don't suppose this will help with the original question, as it's already been hand washed, but, for interest ... I've had the stone colour Desert suit since they were first sold in 2007. I've washed it many times in the auto washing machine on a low heat without any problems. I was working at that time at a certain bike dealers, two miles from Lloyd Lifestyle distribution centre near Greystoke (Penrith Motorcycles.) As we were so close, we often went there for introductions of new ranges and to provide feedback. I remember the intro to the Desert range well. It's sold on it's versatility, with different combinations of layers for different conditions. We were told to ignore the handwash and just use an auto washer on low heat setting.
IMO the desert suit is a good product for its budget price. Not easy or quick to change the layering combinations - due to the multiple zip/press stud fastners between layers - and certainly not up to the HG/Halvarrsons/BMW/etc goretex jobbies, but hey, they cost only a little over £100, not several hundreds.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Thanks for the advise, from now on I will machine wash the hole kit. ;)
Greg

Post by Greg »

I remember the first time I got my HG Tuareg suit dirty ...

Now it's dirty all over and I don't wash it :whistle: and it looks waaay cool like that.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Only just seen this so sorry for the late reply
Had the same problem with my suit, dye all over the place. But I thought you only get what you pay for so "whatever", but I must admit that after a quite few machine washes ( had the suit a couple of years)its all come right, the "leather" bits are a bit off colour now but still looks ok, I do weather proof it with tent waterproofer and for the money it a goodun
Roy
Em-J

Post by Em-J »

Hi C, this is just a thought (although I would DEFFO take these back to the shop and make them aware of what's happned and ask for replacements if you're still unhappy)

These are brill
http://www.colourcatcher.co.uk/

And might be worth having a go with if you plan on washing gear in the future?

(They are shown here for use in a washing machine, but will do the same job if you dump 'em in the bath along with your gear)

Return to “CLOTHING”