Textile suits.

Does my ass look big in these?
Gaffer64

Textile suits.

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi All,

Any tips on textile suits, good bad expensive, thoughts ideas.

Cheers

Mike G
daytona-supersport

Re: Textile suits.

Post by daytona-supersport »

Got an ATICO desert jacket and trousers. Not so good in the cold weather, but for the rest of the year works really well. Removable quilted and seperate waterproof linings.
Vents for hot weater. Loads of pockets. Excellent armour, recently tested. Not silly money. Mines 4/5 years old, once a year it gets a wash and nikwax treatment. Would I buy another? Yep, There are probably better out there but for the money it's been a good deal.
scooby

Post by scooby »

I've had two Hein Gericke suits and happy with both, Tricky2 and Toureg, both good value and waterproof.
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

I'm a Big Guy and hve used JTS Biker clothing for years, I have had two suits (jacket and trousers ) they have never leaked, the older one still get's used for green laning and gets power washed when dirty.

Not badly priced either.

My mate bought a jacket off ebay last year( cheap unkown make..Hunter clothing ) for £49 and rode around europe for two weeks in the pouring rain and his never leaked. He did change the body armour though for better stuff.

Textiles is all I ever wear.

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
UKbri

Post by UKbri »

I've done about 50,000 miles in my Rukka gear. Bit on the pricey side but super comfy, warm and great protection. 'Buy cheap buy twice' always springs to mind with me.
Less Planning = More Adventure

www.onepistononeworld.com
dave j

Textile suits.

Post by dave j »

+ 1 on the Rukka gear - very good.

Revit is also very good - bit cheaper.

Top of the range - Klim. Brilliant & very expensive kit, but you have to layer up.excellent venting.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
davem

Post by davem »

I have had a HG goretex suit for about four years and I've been well impressed with it. The goretex membrane is part of the shell. Pros and cons with this, but it has some vents to let air on those rare days that it gets hot here :laugh: Plenty of external and internal pockets and a removable thermal lining. Its had one wash and one treatment and has kept me dry in some horrible conditions. Not too expensive and I would definitely buy similar from them.
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I don't trust waterproof pockets, so my wallet and mobile go inside plastic freezer bags inside the pocket.

Layers and vents help, but I have ended up with a winter textile HG and a summer armoured denim Red Road jacket and trousers for the really hot days. I find textiles work when it is very cold, but not so well in the heat.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
boatman

Post by boatman »

Wifie bought an RST adventure suit today , it looks a right good bit of kit for the ££££.
Time will tell, it is going to get well tested California/ Alaska n back in July, bound to get everything :whistle: It looks well thought out and practical so it will deffo be interesting
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

I've got Rev'It jacket and trousers. Good fit, warm, comfy, and waterproof. Does the same job as stuff double the price, great gear.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop

Return to “CLOTHING”