Anyone going to the MCN ExCel thingy this weekend?

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Stray Dog

Re: Anyone going to the MCN ExCel thingy this weekend?

Post by Stray Dog »

davsato wrote:is the bike parking inside or out? is there a helmet/kit park inside?
The bike park is inside, and plenty of room
Yes there is a helmet park there as well.

Hey Freeloder, thanks for trying to arrange the collection of my plate
All sorted now.
I got to meet Nathan, what a terrific guy.
I didn't realise he was on his traveles again with his beloved Dorothy.
For those that don't know he's now planning to ride his trusty "Postie bike" to Alaska
Can't wait to read about it.

Dog
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

davsato wrote:is the bike parking inside or out? is there a helmet/kit park inside?

i doubt if i'll be disappointed tomorrow as it never has been much of a show. i only go for an excuse for a day out really and there isnt much bikey stuff on this time of year. we usually get the train up, pub crawl from waterloo to excel, couple of hours looking at this and that, then "invert route". but the weather forecast looked good, funds are low, and the south bank pubs these days have been bought out and are either "ye olde touriste" wallet hammers or takeaways so we thought we'd ride up for once.
Yes, you park inside - I was quite impressed actually, as its about 2min from the main entrance.
You can 'deposit' you helmet/jacket etc. but they charge 2pounds or so.

Anyway, must say not bad. Much more off/enduro helmets to try on. Found quite good deal on AGV AX-8 for 199, which I think is not bad. Eventually went for Shoei Hornet DS for 250.

As Stray Dog mentioned if you're XS/XXL you can get something like ARAI XD-3 (not 4) for 250ish...

BTW, did I miss something or there was no BMW stand ???

Not bad trip, good weather and finally got my new helmet.
davsato

Post by davsato »

Stray Dog wrote:
The bike park is inside, and plenty of room
Yes there is a helmet park there as well.

Dog
cheers mate. as its inside i'll chain my helmet to the bike then. not that its forecast for rain tomorrow........ we'll see!
Dave
davsato

Post by davsato »

Kinioo wrote:
BTW, did I miss something or there was no BMW stand ???
yes, one of the biggest stands too but what i think happened to you is what happened when i wanted to see the aprilia/guzzi stand, its right next to the silly trials arena thing and the frenzied crowds were desperate to see neil hodgeson, chris walker, john mcguinness and dougy lampkin racing boris bikes, blocked the neighbouring stands especially if they had steps like the aprilia one

the bikepark hall was bigger than the show hall!
Dave
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I thought it wasnt bad ( but then my ticket waS a gift from a mate..... not as big as the NEC which is no bad thing..had more time to stop and look properly..the show arena was a pain as the commentary was so loud you couldnt talk to stall holders etc and the crowd around it made moving past it a bit of a chore..

Managed to get some R&G heated grips and a new Spada Dual Sport Helmet for £80 which I thought was a good deal ( although hadnt seen any reviews so who knows?) I wore it riding home and it was very comfortable but without a Chin curtain the cold air from the M25 froze my face..

Certainly beat staying at home and doing some decorating or whatever else would have been laid at my door..... :laugh:

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”