Thermarest Neoair Mattress

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
jkclive1971

Thermarest Neoair Mattress

Post by jkclive1971 »

Camping season not to far away has any one tried Thermarest Neoair Mattress reviews please, not cheap but size n weight well nothing compares :sick:
snaphappy

Re: Thermarest Neoair Mattress

Post by snaphappy »

Got no sound so hope I dont make a fool myself.
I have the Exped airmat with a pillow pump, packs much smaller that that but has no down filling. The first night I had the air chambers filled like that in the above clip and was uncomfortable, best was 30% filled. As for price and insulation Exped have a down filled mat as well. I had heard the thermarest were loud, like sleeping on a shopping bag
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

James691

Post by James691 »

It is light and small and I think Austin Vince uses them BUT damn it was loud and crunchy sounding. I sacrifice compact and light for a good nights sleep and use a double air matress that fits over the top of my Givi top box.

A small 12v air pump does the work in seconds. Inflates to about 6 inches and is the same size as my ground sheet, so it inflates the base of the tent.

I use very little else when I go on trips so the airbed with the velvet type non slip top is my treat. It's durable, silent, insulating and can even be used as a 'guest' bed at home.
Dancing in the moonlight
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

I do have a Thermarest Neoair mattress, but the 3/4 size. As far as I remember it
takes about thirty lung fulls to inflate. I should imagine that they mainly appeal
to ultra-light backpackers as they fold up to no larger than a Coke can and weigh
very little. However, my problem with mine is that it's quite narrow and
being a restless sleeper - always tossing and turning - I keep rolling off it.
Doesn't make for a goods nights sleep. :(

Trevor
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

For the ultimate lightweight sleeping mat take a look at these, I use one for mountain marathons.
Hours of fun (half an hour - to inflate the balloons) :P
Attachments
packvhandi.jpg
packvhandi.jpg (14.19 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Copy_of_bed11iii.jpg
Copy_of_bed11iii.jpg (9.79 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

I have a Thermarest Trail lite which was a prezzie, so not sure of cost. Packs pretty small, and as the name suggests, not very heavy either. I've used it a few times now and the thermal insulation from cold floors is really good, as is general comfort. No way near as noisy as the thing in the vid either.

As for blowing up - I unpack it, leave it for 1/2 hour, then top up with a few deep puffs, and its done. Does most of the inflating for you.

All in all, very happy with it.
B)
Pat

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”