New Tyres

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Chrisstrom

New Tyres

Post by Chrisstrom »

I need new tyres on my S10. Last time I changed tyres on a bike I used Michelin Anakee 2's which were excellent, and was going to put the same on the S10. Doing a search I find Anakee 3's are available now. Considering 90% of my riding is roads are there any more suitable tyres to use. I ride all year (except frost & Snow) and my work commute is 40miles each way on dual carriage ways.

Advice appreciated.

Chris
You can only do what you can do!!
spasm

Re: New Tyres

Post by spasm »

ive tried a few tyres on mine, and personally anakee 2's are the nuts, superb grip in wet/dry weather, so ill be putting my 3rd set on soon
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Read a write up about "3"'s this weekend will be fitting them to my "Tiger" when I have to cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

My Multistrada is having new tyres fitted in a couple of weeks and Ducati have advised Pirelli Angel ST's. I told them I don't do any offroading and they have said they are very good. I have since checked the reviews and they are very good, Pirelli reckon on 7500-10000 on one set. However these will be pretty useless offroad. But if you do 90% on the road then surely road tyres make more sense.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Gaffer64

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi I was thinking of getting Annekee 2 tyres, but now the 3's are here are they better or only for certain bikes. If you can supply any info and prices that would be great.

Cheers

Mike G
Chrisstrom

Post by Chrisstrom »

Ordered my tyres getting fitted on the 9th Feb £215 ride in, ride out coz I'm a bit lazylike that. Reckons they're slightly cheaper than the 2's but that seems bizarre. Let you know what they're like.

Chris
You can only do what you can do!!
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

Any news on the Mich's
I am currently on the Brigestones, I did not like the Metz's they came with.

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

Big Bill,
I Had the original bridgestones on for the 1st 6k and like all bridgestones they go square felt like i could put me feet up at traffic lights,my 2nd set are anakee 2's they have done 9k and on a heavy bike like ours they don't look half worn,they have been brilliant and even though you can now get "proper" road tyres for these bikes my next set will still be anakee 2's.I personally wouldn't touch pirelli's not liked the feel on any bike iv'e ridden with them on even had the shop take them off and put on tyres i like before iv'e bought some bikes like my ktm's.

Return to “TECHNICAL”