CCM 450 Adventure

The Things We Ride
davsato

Re: CCM 450 Adventure

Post by davsato »

the new ktm 390 duke goes like SOAS, if they decided to put the motor in an off road frame as an "adventure jr" priced to move, like the other members of the small duke family, you wont see many CCM 450s around im thinking.
Dave
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

davsato wrote:the new ktm 390 duke goes like SOAS, if they decided to put the motor in an off road frame as an "adventure jr" priced to move, like the other members of the small duke family, you wont see many CCM 450s around im thinking.
That's the rumour going about Mr Dave.
Happiness has 125cc ...
scutty

Post by scutty »

The fact the 390 Enduro / Adventure has only been talked about but not seen makes me think its at least a year away. Plenty of time for CCM to carve a space in the marketplace.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

its all photoshop at the moment but make no mistake if one came available id be having a test ride ....mmmmm or would i ??

the 390 is modular at the moment and im not sure they could make a off roader on that moduular design ..i really hope they can imight end up with a ccm and a ktm for less than a gs :laugh: :evil:

looking at the duke im not so sure ...if it was a ground up with all the appropriate bits and suspension it wouldnt be much less than a 450exc which is 7k up now...
ktm will not produce a half cocked off roader ..im sure
if they do do one ..and i hope they do it will be white power dripped and priced accordingly ...
i cant see them producing a halfbaked cheap off roader ....
and if they did ?? would i want it ?? naaa ktm will produce a proper tool im sure

we shall see ......good innit ?? B)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

it goes down stairs:D
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Well I never got to ride the CCM in the end and with the big change in circumstances I've settled for a DRZ. Still, I shall have a good looksy at the NEC next Month.
Has the delivery for Minkyhead happened or is it imminent? Can't help but be nosey :)
Not all those wandering are lost
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

well not much going on the production i think starts in november ..... ive not found any info or anything new ....i wanted it earlier for a trip but as things are so late im thinking late feburay for delivery for next season ive no news on the final spec or when its ready ... :( :( so putting a deposit down 9 months ago is getting a bit long ....ah well you would think after so long they would just put the full video up i guess they want to build up to it ... n ..then again i suppose they want everything in place before the big launch ..i suspect it will coencide with the nec show
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Thank you for that update. It must be getting frustrating now.
Perhaps with you showing good faith early on, as a gesture of goodwill they may spec yours up at no cost :whistle:
It still looks the business though, but it's about time the full video was released.
Not all those wandering are lost
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Typical CCM I`m afraid..
.but the wait will be worth it as they have in the past made some excellent enduro bikes so Ive no dowt the new offering will be any different..maybe their suppliers are slowing things down..or they have issue`s they would rather not disclose..which are both understanable..

Return to “BIKES”