New club launched today

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
herman

New club launched today

Post by herman »

http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/cont ... ymoto-club Roll up, roll up, get your ACU number here and all the usual club benefits such as advance notice of events and help with all those embarrassing technical questions. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
AndyB

Re: New club launched today

Post by AndyB »

herman wrote:http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/cont ... ymoto-club Roll up, roll up, get your ACU number here and all the usual club benefits such as advance notice of events and help with all those embarrassing technical questions. :)
Great. All that will do is encourage me to enter more races to make an annual ACU licence cheaper than day licences.

Question: If someone holds a different category of ACU licence does it mean they can avoid the cost of paying an optician to do the peripheral vision checks or don't you need them for racing off road?
herman

Post by herman »

I have only ever held a trials licence with them which does not require the medical reports. Personally I still do day licences as I race three different governing bodies. The code will save you a few quid on entries as some event organizers want you to be a club member, they will typically charge up to a fiver for a club day ticket. I am in Witley as I do prob 4 races with them and they are a seec club. The ACU licence is just not cost effective for me at the moment but I do fancy an overseas rally at some point, something easy like the roof of Africa one. :whistle:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Andy, if you tick no to the first medical questions you don't need the eye test. I had to have one to get international event permit but I did it at tesco where they do free eye tests and the girl happily filled in the form for me and did the horizontal vision check which was fun as I got to look back and forth at her excellent cleavage for a few minutes
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Cheers guys. I can probably pull a bit of a fast one because I have to have my eyes tested annually for work and I'm due a test soon so I can try to get them to sign the form off at the same time if I decide I want the international licence. I've only ever held a road racing licence and they keep making it easier to get one of those for the first time so I should be ok.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

B)

Anyone wanting to do a UK rally should get signing up with the new club. How many clubs can you be a member of for a fiver a year?! Gives us a bigger voice with the ACU, advanced notification of events etc etc.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Mike54 wrote:B)

Anyone wanting to do a UK rally should get signing up with the new club. How many clubs can you be a member of for a fiver a year?! Gives us a bigger voice with the ACU, advanced notification of events etc etc.
I'd always sooner stump up the cash for my ACU licence as a member of a club than pay for a day licence because at least a club usually has an end of season party where you can go and get disgustingly drunk and make a total fool of yourself. What's not to like about that idea?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

exactly :laugh:

And there are 9 events this year, so a day licence if you do all of them would be 90 quid as opposed to 43 quid B)
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Lets keep this thread on top of the pile.

...........Just registered & paid up...............
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

herman wrote:I have only ever held a trials licence with them which does not require the medical reports. Personally I still do day licences as I race three different governing bodies. The code will save you a few quid on entries as some event organizers want you to be a club member, they will typically charge up to a fiver for a club day ticket. I am in Witley as I do prob 4 races with them and they are a seec club. The ACU licence is just not cost effective for me at the moment but I do fancy an overseas rally at some point, something easy like the roof of Africa one. :whistle:
With the ACU licence you only pay for the most expensive licence. So if the Enduro licence is £43 you get the £10 trials licence free, or the Enduro licence only costs you £33! ;)

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”