editing-Imovie

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
corbine

editing-Imovie

Post by corbine »

hello people- I am a novice at editing and trying to fathom the simplicities of imovie for some go pro footage.
I have started this thread in the hope that what i cant find on google search-apple vid help, some may have quick fire suggestions for.
I am a complete novice.

Help 1.
have short movie on screen, have learnt some of the apple vids, got the title, fade etc, transition. all into top left project library. now have managed to move a song onto the project- however:
test video is only 30 seconds- song is 4 minutes and i do NOT want the first 30 seconds of the songs intro.
As the song is drag n drop over video, how do i??
choose a section of the song for the exact part of the video so that i can synch the music,words,beat etc to the actual video clip.
i do not want the beginning or the end of song-just a part of it. with drag n drop it starts at beginning of song.
help :-))
Kelvyn

Re: editing-Imovie

Post by Kelvyn »

I think you can click on the audio and move it left and right...
spasm

Post by spasm »

i leant loads on youtube, theres some very easy user freindly vids on there
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

corbine wrote:hello people- I am a novice at editing and trying to fathom the simplicities of imovie for some go pro footage.
I have started this thread in the hope that what i cant find on google search-apple vid help, some may have quick fire suggestions for.
I am a complete novice.

Help 1.
have short movie on screen, have learnt some of the apple vids, got the title, fade etc, transition. all into top left project library. now have managed to move a song onto the project- however:
test video is only 30 seconds- song is 4 minutes and i do NOT want the first 30 seconds of the songs intro.
As the song is drag n drop over video, how do i??
choose a section of the song for the exact part of the video so that i can synch the music,words,beat etc to the actual video clip.
i do not want the beginning or the end of song-just a part of it. with drag n drop it starts at beginning of song.
help :-))

To edit the audio ..

Select the track in the main editing window
And click the little *gear* icon attached to the track ,
Select *Clip Trimmer*

You can also use the clip trimmer to edit video footag, good when you have a video track in your main editing window, but you need to adjust the start point..

:)
corbine

Post by corbine »

thanks guys- have just achieved it. click the cog top left corner of project and go for clip trimmer. music file will appear below-then one can drag yellow handles at beginning and end of song to select relevant part of song.
i am a dime bar as the song went many parts below screen and i never saw the second yellow handle.
the link for any others (just found it)
http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/h ... ie#slide-2
cor-this is time consuming-hope its worth it. can dream of getting 10% of quality from those short adv vids ive been posting up for inspiration.

next question?
music rights? lwr kindly posted me a link to how you need to cover yourself for using a song over the video.
anyone post the link here please?
thanks again :-)
corbine

Post by corbine »

LWR-talk of the ...- evening squire :-)
thanks -do you also have the music rights thingy, again please?
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Try http://dig.ccmixter.org/ for copyright free music

Return to “HOW TO..........”