My new toy

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
davsato

Re: My new toy

Post by davsato »

why the Q plate?
Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

You got it mate, that's the Cotton Traders/Zoolander Blue Steel pose.

We had to put the idea of selling ABR hoddies/t-shirts etc on hold as things got so busy down here I didn't want any side issues to interfere with the running/development of the mag. It's something we will be doing in the near future. They actually look quite swish.
Alun

Post by Alun »

davsato wrote:why the Q plate?
I asked Suzuki for a letter confirming the date of the bike to get a date related plate. They said no probs and a couple of weeks later I was still waiting for the letter and scratching walls in frustration. Next day I asked the DVLA for a Q plate and now I'm out playing.

I'm still waiting for the letter off Suzuki, it must be a very long date.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

It could be that the bike was never registered from new. ie bought for off-roading, then when registered later they didn't want the hassle of the inspections so opted for the Q.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Grrrr you beat me to it. :P
davsato

Post by davsato »

CRAIGREVO wrote:It could be that the bike was never registered from new. ie bought for off-roading, then when registered later they didn't want the hassle of the inspections so opted for the Q.
no, its like alun said all you need is a letter from the manufacturer confirming the year it was made, using the frame and engine number. doesnt have to have been registered before, my XT was a personal import from kenya and got an age related plate, its usually simple thats why i thought it was odd to have a Q
Dave

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”