All my Bike Gear on Ebay.

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
helmik

Post by helmik »

I have sold my bike as i have a left arm that no longer works 100% and this wont get any better for a while, so sadly as the bike goes on Saturday all mine and the wifes gear is for sale.
All open to offers, more pics or info if required, just ask eith er through ebay or on here. I take it it is ok to link to ebay, sorry if not, let me know and i will delete the ad if required.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=& ... =1&_ipg=50

Cheers

Mick.
knobblywobbly

Re: All my Bike Gear on Ebay.

Post by knobblywobbly »

Why give up? My mate has no left arm but still rides every day, leads tours abroad and goes off-road too.

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk 2
helmik

Post by helmik »

Brave man. I wouldnt consider riding with one arm. Any ride over about 20 miles and my whole arm siezes up and hurts to buggery. It means i cant ride off road, i cant ride on road, cant do track days, cant tour so the other option is to stop riding for now and see what the treatment does. That wont show results for at least a year, hence selling up now and see what the future holds. Even changing the car for an auto as well as its left arm thats the problem.
Mick
V_King

Post by V_King »

push the arm to the limit, train and get back on a bike asap. a personal challenge, no excuse :evil:

got a friend who has a only one leg, and still rides a bike. he rolls up the trousers whenever he rides, to shock drivers :laugh:
""
helmik

Post by helmik »

Ive been pushing it for the last 30 years TBH, it was an injury that was left to a certain extent untreated, damaged the socket and everything around but circumstances dictated that it was bodged so i could get on with things.
As i am now nearly 55 and i am fed up of it i decided now was the time for treatment, operation pending which means very limited movement for about 12 months after. If i was 20 again, no problem they tell me, but as i'm an old bugger its harder to sort. i will be back on a bike but no idea what or when and my gear will be well out of fashion by then!!!
V_King

Post by V_King »

been in your place ten years ago - when surgeons bodged my f**ed up knee, that I would get back on feet asap. Been with an unstable leg for 7 years, until finally got it sorted. due to the old injury the recovery took good 6 months (3 of which could not walk properly).

so for you after 30 years it is going to be even tougher.

good luck with a surgery :)

BTW, a bike in a garage, while the sun is out, is an extremely good motivator to get back on feet asap :)
""
palace15

Post by palace15 »

Good luck with the recovery and hope you eventually get back to riding, there is a guy who roadraces in the Isle of Man with just one arm, brave people riding with disabilities, I personally could not comment as I don't know how I would feel about riding should i ever be in that position.
All the best
Dave
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Good luck with the op and recovery.

See you on the road riding again in the future for sure - it's in your blood - after 12 months of abstinence you'll be chompin' at he bit to get riding again. B)
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

knobblywobbly wrote:Why give up? My mate has no left arm but still rides every day, leads tours abroad and goes off-road too.

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk 2
And is generally a Top Bloke! :whistle:
IJnoGSer

Post by IJnoGSer »

I was in a shared cabin on route to Spain, in comes a new roommate and biker says 'sorry I will need the bottom bunk' I think here we go! Next thing he said was 'as I only have one leg'

Truly amazing, needless to say he got his wish.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”