James691

ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Rally Questions

Post by James691 »

Ask away.
Dancing in the moonlight
dusi

Re: 93crowitchnorfolkXTZ 750 Tenere

Post by dusi »

No offence James(& no pun intended either!) Tehe, I think the Nature rally is a great idea, (signed up 4 it too) but at this rate it's going to clog up the general forum, would it be a good idea to have its own page/thread/topic, whatever you want to call it, so any one interested or wanting to post pictures (proof of visiting) etc can go strait to it, with out the guy's cruising the general forum having to trawl through lots of posts with no pic's etc? What do Alan n James think, and the rest of the members too? Didn't want to start a new thread, will leave that to you Alan/James etc, Dus
James691

Re: 93crowitchnorfolkXTZ 750 Tenere

Post by James691 »

dusi wrote:No offence James(& no pun intended either!) Tehe, I think the Nature rally is a great idea, (signed up 4 it too) but at this rate it's going to clog up the general forum, would it be a good idea to have its own page/thread/topic, whatever you want to call it, so any one interested or wanting to post pictures (proof of visiting) etc can go strait to it, with out the guy's cruising the general forum having to trawl through lots of posts with no pic's etc? What do Alan n James think, and the rest of the members too? Didn't want to start a new thread, will leave that to you Alan/James etc, Dus
:laugh: No offence taken Dus!

I'm not sure what you mean mate by general forum?

Whne you click forum you get automatically directed to 'recent topics' rather than the general forum. For that you have to click 'Index' to get the forum topics listing.

The ABR Nature Rally has it's own section in the index under ABR Meets, Rallies and Groups.

The reason that each rider has a thread for the rally is to save a LOT of work later on. I get an automatic email each time a rider posts in a thread that I started. So when over 50 riders put in up to 20 pictures each ( lets say 1000 pictures over the term of the rally at this stage) I simply would not be able to spend the time looking for those pictures with no frame of ref as to where they are or in any order mate!

It will only clog up the 'recent topics' now and then if we get a flurry of new riders and I make the new thread for them. It will then show as a recent topic but it is not in the general forum, just the ABR Nature rally section.

So I spoke to Alun who was kind enough to give the rally a section on the boards and made me admin of that section to keep it tidy.

When a rider makes a thread it has an 'address' Adventure Biker Rider Forum - then the sub folder it is in 'Pub' for example - then the name of the thread but any new thread will go into the 'recent topics' folder when posted.

Does that make sense mate?

If you have a better way to do the admin I am all for ideas to save me work and other riders trawling the recent topics section Buddy :)

I have moved this to the 'Rally Questions' thread in the ABR Nature rally section to keep it uniformed.

Cheers man and hope you had a good Christmas :)

James
Dancing in the moonlight
dusi

Re: ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Rally Questions

Post by dusi »

Thanks James, will cogitate your answer when my grey matter recovers from the excess of crimble spirits! All the best to you to, see ya out there in 2011 assuming this ice goes away, forecast is wet but promising, cheers Dus
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Hi James,

As I had a day off on Friday, I thought that I would pop up to the only location on the Nature Rally that is close to me - The Broads National Park, Toad Hole Cottage Museum.

I think that it may have closed because I rode round and round in circles for about an hour and couldn't find it. I did find a sign that said it was down near the river, but there was no access to the river and a sign next to the locked gate was covered over.

I don't mind going back up there to have another look 'cause it was a good ride out, but none of the web sites that I can find with reference to this place have a precise location on a map or any photos. Can you give any more clues as to where it might be? :S
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
James691

Post by James691 »

Oh that is interesting mate, I have it down as :

Toad Hole Cottage Museum and 'Electric Eel' Wildlife Water Trail ,
How Hill
Ludham, NR29 5PG
Tel: 01692 678763

and on the satalite system it shows up on MAP

I'll have to give that a call in the morning and confirm, if it is shut down then I will of course come up with another location or confirm this one on the thread,. Glad you had a good time riding around that area on a beautiful day and thank you for letting me know about the issue buddy!
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Just called to see that the number is in use and have a message machine, it is the right place and it is closed until 01 April. But that said the road shoulod no be closed mate! Not sure what happened there!
Dancing in the moonlight
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Hi James,

That map makes things a lot clearer! I didn't have GPS or even a map with me on Friday, just navigating by place name! :blush: :pinch:

Looking at the link that you have there, I got to the How Hill Windmill, went to read the signs on the building opposite - which said that the Toad Hole was down near the river - so I headed off back down the hill to where I thought it was referring. I just didn't go far enough down the lane to actually get to the cottage.

In conclusion: my mistake! :blush: I'll see if I can pop down there again next weekend and find the place this time! :blink:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

OB1 wrote:Hi James,

That map makes things a lot clearer! I didn't have GPS or even a map with me on Friday, just navigating by place name! :blush: :pinch:

Looking at the link that you have there, I got to the How Hill Windmill, went to read the signs on the building opposite - which said that the Toad Hole was down near the river - so I headed off back down the hill to where I thought it was referring. I just didn't go far enough down the lane to actually get to the cottage.

In conclusion: my mistake! :blush: I'll see if I can pop down there again next weekend and find the place this time! :blink:
Ben I'd count it if I were you, the windmill is across the road from the place (the latter has a turning circle in front), when we went there we had two twatnavs and locals telling us that we were in the right place, so if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it can't be a duckbilled platypus can it? :lol:
Confused?, just wait for Itchycoo Park.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

mark1150 wrote:
OB1 wrote:Hi James,

Ben I'd count it if I were you, the windmill is across the road from the place (the latter has a turning circle in front), when we went there we had two twatnavs and locals telling us that we were in the right place, so if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it can't be a duckbilled platypus can it? :lol:
Confused?, just wait for Itchycoo Park.
Itchycoo Park..........it's not just me then ???????
Shiney side up

Return to “ABR NATURE RALLY 2011”