Alu Panniers

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
ktm.steve

Alu Panniers

Post by ktm.steve »

Has anyone on the forum used or have any knowledge of Jesse panniers?

I have been looking at these but then saw the reviews on the site of the stahlkoffer panniers which everyone raves about and are about half the price, maybe not so refined but the price is very persuasive and the current deal comes with complementary inner bags...

Anyone out there with an argument of why I should pay out twice as the price for Jesse panniers please let me know.

Thanks.
Treadtrader

Re: Alu Panniers

Post by Treadtrader »

HI Steve, i've moved your post into Travel gear as that's the subject of your question.

Please put a post in Welcome newbie and introduce yourself.

Welcome to ABR mate.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
davsato

Post by davsato »

IF stalkoffer was the brand i looked at at the BMF show in May, then i was very impressed for the money, and the economy was still pants then so they are probably even better now.
very well thought out design, i especially liked the false bottom idea.

as to practicality and strength in use, ive no idea, looks are only half the story.
Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hi Steve, we've a big, big feature on Alu panniers coming up in issue 3 of ABR including reviews on Jesse and Stalkoffer.

Just one thing on the Stalkoffer reviews, they were all posted up in the same week and I don't think any of the reviewers were site members. That's not to say the reviews are duff nor is that a comment on the quality of the Stalkoffer panniers it's just worth pointing out.
Davsato - yes, it probably was Stalkoffer, they have a false bottom.
ktm.steve

Post by ktm.steve »

Thanks Alun, I look forward to issue 3. Hearing about ABR late I missed issue 1 but Touratech came to the rescue at the NEC on Sat where I picked up a copy of issue 1. Good stuff, keep it up.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I had a look at Jesse panniers on e-bay, then went to the NEC last Monday and the guy was there. They are very well made and heavy duty. Bit to expensive for my wallet, sorry, wifes purse and we didn't like the Hammerite type finish.
I had another look on e-bay and there is a listing for cheap panniers with fitting kits from Germany. Have a look at his e-bay shop, I have just bought some panniers. £331.00 for two 41 Litre(2mm) panniers a similar shape to the Jesse ones, with locks, fitting kits and postage to UK.

Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-Pannier ... 3cb247da61

Sorry, forgot to mention, some of the listings are in German, some English. I e:mailed Klaus, he answered quicky and in English!
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

When i went to the recent Hubb meeting in Germany, i stopped off along the way to G&G (Klaus) and although his business is internet based he did show me his range of panniers. I bought a set of premium panniers and i am pleased with the build quality and the price.
Klaus speaks excellent english and promptly replied to my emails prior to the visit, answering all my questions .
He even offered myself and my friend Martin a room for the night in his home ,which we gladly accepted, he is a genuine guy doing this part time and is very helpfull and after the sale he did follow up via email to make sure everything was good and that i was happy, a good service . [url=http://]http://www.motorradalukoffer.de/[/url] :)
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

The only aspect of Jesse panniers that sets them apart from the rest, as far as I know, is that you can buy the same angled design, but narrow. I mean 9-10 inches narrow.

This means a smaller capacity, so a solo rider can have the security, and sturdiness of a well made and designed pannier, but without the size of some of the larger models.

You will be narrower and less tempted to carry stuff you don't need, just because you have the space and, so, you will be that bit lighter on the road.

My own personal experience of ally panniers has been with VND panniers on a BMW. There were about 15 inches across, IIRR. I have only ever seen Jesse panniers on other bikes, but never used them...
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

Alun wrote:Hi Steve, we've a big, big feature on Alu panniers coming up in issue 3 of ABR including reviews on Jesse and Stalkoffer.

Just one thing on the Stalkoffer reviews, they were all posted up in the same week and I don't think any of the reviewers were site members. That's not to say the reviews are duff nor is that a comment on the quality of the Stalkoffer panniers it's just worth pointing out.
Davsato - yes, it probably was Stalkoffer, they have a false bottom.
That very observent of you alun! Just to let you know they are all customer views as bernie just contacted customers asking if they could post a review! (myself included)
Obviously you would presume he only contacted happy customer, if has anyone who is not happy with the panniers.

I am a member just when I was writing the review round my GF forgot to log in! (twat)

Back to the main point. My stalhkoffer panniers are fantastic. I spent allot of time looking for the right panniers, and for me personnaly the City koffers are ideal. feel free to PM me with any questions!
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi i bought a set darr alu panniers in 1991 for bmw r100gs pd they cost me about 170 quid.you can get them today for about 250.00 from www.woick.de.i gave my panniers about 70k miles .north cape.all over europe, jan my wife gave them 100% she could have enough room to carry her heated hear tongs life hard .cheers moto al
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”