EU Membership Key Demands

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Re: EU Membership Key Demands

Post by -Ralph- »

rusty2000 wrote:Didn't think I would read this kind of racist dribble on this site. I am always surprised when I see this on biker sites.
Racism? Where?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

rusty2000 wrote:Lord Blackwell - who elected him ?
Nobody, but he's forgotten more about economics than most of us will ever know, so I'd say if you want to make an informed choice in this debate his opinion is worth listening to.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

rusty2000 wrote:Didn't think I would read this kind of racist dribble on this site. I am always surprised when I see this on biker sites.

What part of the woodwork did you crawl out of?

This is the Pub. We can talk about anything on here. "Racist Dribble".... Where? Oh hang on, so if you're not Pro EU and don't welcome all illegal immigrants then you're a racist? You sound like all the other idiots running this country. Anything that doesn't match your point of view is wrong.

Go and troll another site!
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Nigel wrote:I had an EHI card when I had an accident in Spain, still got a bill for £5,000+ but then I had travel insurance anyway :whistle: cost me about £80 last year for volunteer insurance to work in Peru for a month so being covered for accidents in the EU is a high price to pay to stay in, as for bike insurance mine wouldn't cover me if I broke down so I would be taking that out anyway.
There is a reason this country is an island :whistle: I love travelling to different countries because they are different (thumbs) if the EU carries on the way it is we will all be the same :(
I don't mean to pry, but why did you ay £5,000 for medical treatment in Spain when healthcare is free here?

Regs

Simon
Well that was the bill I got for treatment in Santander hospital, the external fixator was £1000 alone :ohmy: it was a long time ago, 1998, so the memory is a bit vague especially with the bang on the head :silly: to be honest at time the hospital treated me fantastically, the orthopaedic surgeon in England told me the external fixator they used isn`t used in England so I sent it back to the hospital, didn`t get any thanks though :angry: wish I had kept it now :whistle:
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

Nigel wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
Nigel wrote:I had an EHI card when I had an accident in Spain, still got a bill for £5,000+ but then I had travel insurance anyway :whistle: cost me about £80 last year for volunteer insurance to work in Peru for a month so being covered for accidents in the EU is a high price to pay to stay in, as for bike insurance mine wouldn't cover me if I broke down so I would be taking that out anyway.
There is a reason this country is an island :whistle: I love travelling to different countries because they are different (thumbs) if the EU carries on the way it is we will all be the same :(
I don't mean to pry, but why did you ay £5,000 for medical treatment in Spain when healthcare is free here?

Regs

Simon
Well that was the bill I got for treatment in Santander hospital, the external fixator was £1000 alone :ohmy: it was a long time ago, 1998, so the memory is a bit vague especially with the bang on the head :silly: to be honest at time the hospital treated me fantastically, the orthopaedic surgeon in England told me the external fixator they used isn`t used in England so I sent it back to the hospital, didn`t get any thanks though :angry: wish I had kept it now :whistle:
The EHI card only works if your treatment is carried out by the health service provided nationally by the country, you have to pay for private treatment and the advice is to request that you are treated within the national scheme.
It could be that if you were not in a position to do this that some or all of your treatment was by a private hospital.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

You are probably right, trust me I was in no condition to even think straight :sick: :laugh:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mawnanian wrote:
Nigel wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Regs

Simon
The EHI card only works if your treatment is carried out by the health service provided nationally by the country, you have to pay for private treatment and the advice is to request that you are treated within the national scheme.
It could be that if you were not in a position to do this that some or all of your treatment was by a private hospital.
That's a good point for travellers to note - if you haven't got your marbles, and even if you have, how do you know you're not being whisked to a private hospital?

From my own experience, both from being the clueless one on the guerny and going along with friends into hospital to translate, etc. the admissions are pretty slick at seeking your EU card or private insurance details.

But if you're on your own I don't know. It's a bit different for me here as I have my Spanish medical card. Maybe that's a theme for another topic anyway.

Al least hospital cooking is the same across all those open frontiers! :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
-Ralph-

EU Membership Key Demands

Post by -Ralph- »

Spanish public hospitals have been charging despite the EHIC card being presented. Has happened to both a colleague and a friend who both asked my Spanish speaking wife to translate the letters and invoices for them.

Return to “THE PUB”