EU Membership Key Demands

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
vRSG60

Re: EU Membership Key Demands

Post by vRSG60 »

Don't the Japanese companies have plants in the UK due to import quotas or something? Cars built here (assembled really) aren't subject to such quotas. Take us out of Europe and the attraction for these companies to remain here diminishes.

I'm voting out by the way (thumbs)
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

http://uk.businessinsider.com/lloyds-ch ... rt-2015-10

"Lord Blackwell told politicians in the House of Lords this week that there were "no compelling economic arguments" for Britain staying within the 28 nation bloc.

He added that he doesn't believe there is much of a case to stay in the EU unless "there was a significant change in the current arrangements."
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
dave448

Post by dave448 »

I'm out as well .... they're just a bunch of freeloaders, all spending other people's money (except Greece)...saw this recently

Critics attack the EU for demanding that David Cameron pays a £1.7 billion bill despite an official audit failing to give a clean bill of health to more than £100 billion of Brussels spending

According to the annual report of the European Court of Auditors, £5.5 billion of the EU budget last year was misspent because of controls on spending that were deemed to be only “partially effective” by experts.

The audit, published this morning, found that £109 billion out of a total of £117 billion spent by the EU in 2013 was "affected by material error”.

It means that the Brussels accounts have not been given the all clear for 19 years running.

nuff said really :(
Trev

Post by Trev »

In for me - my business would suffer hugely if we exit which would mean drastic action to reduce costs in line with likely loss of sales, losing a chunk of the 70 odd staff at best, disappearing altogether at worst. Of course difficult to know for certain the wider implications for business but the concensus seems very much that it would be large negative, no matter where you get your income from if UK business takes dip then likely so will your income.

On a personal note I prefer the freedoms of travel being in the UE bring as well as being a 'European'. Although obviously everyone focuses on the economics of the issue (with practically no one actually informed on what that would mean) let's not forget that the EU was formed primarily to prevent future wars involving the then main European countries. The economic entity is less than ideal but IMO that's a price worth paying.

As for having to adopt EU law, most of that is cobblers, any of us who travel regularly to Europe will know that individual countries adopt and adapt (or ignore) as they see fit. Don't worry, even if we do opt out us Brits will still have plenty of do gooders trying to get prisoners the right to vote, etc, etc
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

AndyB wrote:I think it's going to get messy if Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland overwhelmingly vote one way, England votes the other and the number of votes in England means it goes in their favour. Is it ok for one country to be in a position where it decides the future of four without a full Parliamentary debate? .
Let the people who create the wealth decide the outcome - ie the voters, not the scummy parliamentarians! (thumbs)

The simple answer to the English/Welsh/Norn Iron/ Scotch votes is not to count/report them regionally.
We went in together, we either stay in or get out together IMO.
moto al

Post by moto al »

May I say chaps over the next 2 jarre yer gona get some merd thrown at You . As I did say watch this space :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: . Well at least I got wined & dinned .Al (thumbs)
moto al
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

-Ralph- wrote:http://www.cityam.com/226546/european-c ... u-needs-uk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
What a load of balls his aides saying afterwards that he was misheard. The tone of voice is positive when he's talking about the EU needing Britain, then he says "But" and the tone of voice turns negative, while he clearly says, "Personally, I don't think Britain needs the European Union"

You wouldn't construct your sentence that way if you were saying "do think"

Judge for yourself...

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

They are all coming out the woodwork!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32775396
-Ralph-

EU Membership Key Demands

Post by -Ralph- »

http://www.cityam.com/226546/european-c ... u-needs-uk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
threepot

Post by threepot »

Love or hate him....

Return to “THE PUB”