EU Membership Key Demands

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Re: EU Membership Key Demands

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:Another point is that we fought two World Wars so we didn't have laws forced on us by Berlin, Brussels was actually on our side :whistle:
Hilter was in Berlin then, it's a very different Berlin now, so Brussels being different to Berlin is rather a moot point don't you think?

We fought for sovereignty and democracy and against tyranny. Doesn't matter where todays threat to those things comes from, they need to be fought also.

However, if you don't think that todays German government has the biggest control in Brussels then you're a tad blinkered, just look at Angela Merkel's role in the recent Greek situation. Ultimate control of the EU will ultimately lie with whoever puts in the most money.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
boatman

Post by boatman »

Un democratic monster and we should be out as soon as possible (thumbs)
Rubbish to say that the uk won't be able to trade across the world
The Germans will still want to sell us their cars
The French will also still want to sell us their Renaults n Citroen,s
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

boatman wrote:The French will also still want to sell us their Renaults n Citroen,s
Can we have a referendum on whether brits should be allowed to buy them?
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
boatman

Post by boatman »

If the Renault I have is ought to go by ,,,, better buy Jap
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Europe is a dead corpse... I'm voting to get out and the sooner we get the vote the better. The future lies with countries such as India, Russia, China, the Far East, Canada, USA, South America etc. It's all about natural resources and Europe has hardly any left.

Europe only wants us in because if we weren't in it would collapse and the power brokers in Europe don't want to admit that it's failed. They do anything to try and keep it together including breaking Ireland's arm until it voted yes. Keeping Greece in despite numerous threats to kick them out, that all came to nothing. It won't stay as it is. Sooner or later Turkey will join and other poor countries and yet again we will be paying through the nose to rebuild their countries whilst at the same time out NHS collapses, no housing to house our own people, roads that are fast heading towards 3rd world standard.

Nope, you can keep your European project and stick it up your Euro. Vote to get our country back....
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

boatman wrote:Un democratic monster and we should be out as soon as possible (thumbs)
Of course they will still want to sell us things, what matters is how much they buy from us.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Mawnanian wrote:
boatman wrote:Un democratic monster and we should be out as soon as possible (thumbs)
Of course they will still want to sell us things, what matters is how much they buy from us.
This post isn't aimed at you Mawnanian, I'm just using it as one example, to reiterate something someone else said earlier in the thread. It's aimed at all the 'stay in' camp posting on this thread.

So we're on the topic of cars here. Land Rover Solihull, Honda Swindon, Toyota Derby, Nissan Sunderland. Why would leaving the EU mean the rest of the world would want to buy less of these brands? The French and Spanish can't get enough of the new Discovery Sport and the Evoque. Never seen so many British built cars on French or Spanish plates.

Somebody earlier said he hasn't seen a single good reason not to leave, it's all just posturing and scaremongering.

Lets stop throwing statements out there like "what matters is how much they buy from us", and start giving actual reasons WHY you think they'd stop buying from us.

I've given reasons why I think the government would reinstate certain EU directives and reasons why I don't think our insurance premiums would rise for travelling abroad.

Can we start hearing some WHY from the 'stay in' camp please?
skipper

Post by skipper »

ON exports to the eu and the world, the official figures are distorted as any exports from the uk to non eu countries that are shipped via eg. Rotterdam is counted in the official statistics as an export to the eu which is a gross distortion.( Never trust statistics)
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

-Ralph- wrote:
Mawnanian wrote:
This post isn't aimed at you Mawnanian, I'm just using it as one example, to reiterate something someone else said earlier in the thread. It's aimed at all the 'stay in' camp posting on this thread.

So we're on the topic of cars here. Land Rover Solihull, Honda Swindon, Toyota Derby, Nissan Sunderland. Why would leaving the EU mean the rest of the world would want to buy less of these brands? The French and Spanish can't get enough of the new Discovery Sport and the Evoque. Never seen so many British built cars on French or Spanish plates.

Somebody earlier said he hasn't seen a single good reason not to leave, it's all just posturing and scaremongering.

Lets stop throwing statements out there like "what matters is how much they buy from us", and start giving actual reasons WHY you think they'd stop buying from us.

I've given reasons why I think the government would reinstate certain EU directives and reasons why I don't think our insurance premiums would rise for travelling abroad.

Can we start hearing some WHY from the 'stay in' camp please?
My comment about trade was a general one as boatman only put one side of the trade argument.
I don't know any more than you do what the reaction of insurance companies, the government, the financial markets or anybody else will be if we withdraw from the EU, but I can see that there is a good chance that traveling, dealing with and possibly moving to the remaining EU countries will become more expensive and difficult. That in itself is enough for me to vote to stay in as there's nothing about the existing arrangement that concerns me enough to vote otherwise.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I think it's going to get messy if Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland overwhelmingly vote one way, England votes the other and the number of votes in England means it goes in their favour. Is it ok for one country to be in a position where it decides the future of four without a full Parliamentary debate? The obvious solution then is to appeal to the European courts so they can rule on it :laugh: (thumbs)

I don't think General Elections are usually very divisive, you get a couple of weeks worth of whinging or gloating depending on who wins but this referendum is going to leave a lot of bad feeling that won't go away.

Return to “THE PUB”